Thermals?

OP
sportsmans challenge

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I just got this AGM scanner to play with and review. Will get something posted here as well once i get some good content.

Attachments

• I_20200214211019017_NE_O_$20200214211019017.jpg
    I_20200214211019017_NE_O_$20200214211019017.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 23
I picked up a scope earlier this year and should of had a scanner Friday but missed the fedex driver :(

I was thinking Rokslide should have a good thermal sponsor.

I don't know the rules in the different states but if its legal I bet its a lot easier to call wolves in the dark than during the daylight just like coyotes.

OP
sportsmans challenge

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I picked up a scope earlier this year and should of had a scanner Friday but missed the fedex driver :(

I was thinking Rokslide should have a good thermal sponsor.

I don't know the rules in the different states but if its legal I bet its a lot easier to call wolves in the dark than during the daylight just like coyotes.
It's funny, i was just on the phone with a guy i know that was kind of mad i was wanting to sell thermals and said he didnt want to promote night coyote hunting, cause he didn't wany them educated and competition, but i think he is blind to the fact it can be used for soo much more, like scouting, hiking into places and not bumping or knowing where a herd may be, other predators or protecting your land and live stock.

I am working on trying to get Ryan to get a sponsorship package out so we can get this guy locked in. I think he would be a good guy for the forum.

Ajvandenbosch8

Lil-Rokslider
Pulsar action owner here and man does having a thermal change the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got this AGM scanner to play with and review. Will get something posted here as well once i get some good content.

Do you sell the Hogster? I’m toying with getting a R35 more as a scanner and backup than a scope. Then, getting a dedicated scope over the summer after the new Pulsars are out and folks have had time to test the soon to be released AGM models.

Any word yet on that new AGM scope - release date?

OP
sportsmans challenge

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
Do you sell the Hogster? I’m toying with getting a R35 more as a scanner and backup than a scope. Then, getting a dedicated scope over the summer after the new Pulsars are out and folks have had time to test the soon to be released AGM models.

Any word yet on that new AGM scope - release date?

Are you talking about the secutor? Suppose to be no bells and whistles scope with ulis core. Should be april some time.

Message sent on hogster

OP
sportsmans challenge

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
Got my n-vision halo lr and this think is all they say, we put a pulsar xp 38 lrf and a trijicon ir hunter 60mm side by side with the halo and there was no contest at all.

I have been out once with this scope, but loaned it to jim carr on here and then rented it out the last 2 night to a buddy who has been murdering the dogs out to 400 yards the last couple nights. I plan to get back out this saturday and get some more time on ot and knock some more dogs down. Waiting on a good battery pack, dvr and cables set up to be received in country to get some good pics and videos.
20200226_175255.jpgthese pics were the night i got it, so not all dialed in yet, but shows slightly how good. That miuntain was 2 miles away.

Attachments

• 20200226_175536.jpg
    20200226_175536.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 17640.jpeg
    17640.jpeg
    435.8 KB · Views: 13

IDMONK

FNG
I can’t hunt coyotes at night in Idaho, it’s illegal. Unless I’m on private and that’s not worth it to me.

OP
sportsmans challenge

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I can’t hunt coyotes at night in Idaho, it’s illegal. Unless I’m on private and that’s not worth it to me.
Not true, talk to an enforcement officer, not the clerk at the front desk, tell them you want to talk to an officer about it as well as look in the furbearer rules

IDMONK

FNG
Not true, talk to an enforcement officer, not the clerk at the front desk, tell them you want to talk to an officer about it as well as look in the furbearer rules
I did. I can get a night hunting permit but it’s only good in one unit near me. Otherwise private only. I’ve checked. Illegal.

IDMONK

FNG
Straight out of the Idaho furbearers regulations. Looks like I’m all good for raccoons though. I did call the IDFG about it and they confirmed the only way is on private with written permission or with a night hunting permit only good for one unit near me. I would hate to see someone buy expensive equipment just to learn they can’t use it or worse get picked up by the fuzz and have to go to court and lose hunting and fishing privileges. 😬

Attachments

• C1C6991A-8D9D-472F-9CEB-BFDED3F397AD.png
    C1C6991A-8D9D-472F-9CEB-BFDED3F397AD.png
    526.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
OP
sportsmans challenge

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
What region you in?
I am region 1 and taked to a local f and g enforcement officer and said green light a couple months ago, doesnt matter where i go.
I won't argue with you about it, as that's 1 less guy out there doing it, but was trying to help you out.

IDMONK

FNG
What region you in?
I am region 1 and taked to a local f and g enforcement officer and said green light a couple months ago, doesnt matter where i go.
I won't argue with you about it, as that's 1 less guy out there doing it, but was trying to help you out.
I’m in the southeast region. I’m not arguing with you, it’s something I really wanted to get into, it looks like a lot of fun. However I don’t want to see anyone get in trouble over it, the regs are very clear and all it would take is one guy to put up a stink and their is no leg for me to stand on when the regs are very cut and dry on the matter. I would get your local F&G enforcement officer to sign something so you may have something to fall back on. I work with a guy who got busted and is in a heap of headache over the whole thing. I guess YMMV

Last edited:

IDMONK

FNG
This conversation got me thinking so I called the IDFG headquarters in Boise. They confirmed you cannot hunt at night without a permit and the permit is only good in certain areas, for my area unit 63 only. Hunting in the wrong zone, or without the permit is illegal. Private property is OK with written permission. I doubt a guy would have much issue getting permission to shoot some coyotes though.

OP
sportsmans challenge

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
Thought i would add this here for you guys.