These your keys?

go_deep

WKR
Up camping the last couple days with my kids and found these keys just sitting on a piece of cut firewood. There was nobody else around for miles to even ask if they had seen anyone there in the last few weeks. South Central Wyoming, on the forest.

20210822_073012.jpg

My wife is famous for losing keys. She lost them in the middle of a nearby wildlife refuge in the summer in tall grass. I had to go get her so we spent a couple hours looking cuz … you know $200+ for a set of keys these days. We finally gave up. Two weeks later somebody hung the keys on the bulletin board at the trailhead. They stole my cool little aluminum bottle opener off the ring. Fair enough.

when I’m in the back country my keys are hooked to my pack inside where I don’t go often.

My wife is famous for losing keys. She lost them in the middle of a nearby wildlife refuge in the summer in tall grass. I had to go get her so we spent a couple hours looking cuz … you know $200+ for a set of keys these days. We finally gave up. Two weeks later somebody hung the keys on the bulletin board at the trailhead. They stole my cool little aluminum bottle opener off the ring. Fair enough.

when I’m in the back country my keys are hooked to my pack inside where I don’t go often.

Some guys that a friend met out in Colorado were having their truck towed out of the mountains because they lost the keys. I think they thought they were locked in it.

Long story short, the following year they found the keys, in a pack.
So I guess make sure you always use the same hidden pocket, and don't forget you put them there.