They are getting conditioned more and more

Beendare

WKR
Yeah saw that on the news.....since they aren't hunted...its just a matter of time until they think of people as just another meal like deer.

My buddy had his pet goat killed on his front porch by a mtn lion up near Sonora. GW came bay and said, "Yeah that what they do we just have to live with it". My buddy pushed it and a houndsman caught that lion 1/4 mile from his house and he was told to shut up about it. The houndsman said he had caught 30 or so lions in that same area for F&G in the last 2 years.

Its a problem...and the F&G is trying to keep it hush hush.

With hound hunting illegal why would any houndsman help the state?? It's the states law so they can go and buy and train their own damn dogs!

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
Had one in my neighbors yard across the road from me, had a buddy loose a goat to one, (in city limits) same story, houndsman and warden took that one out. I had the better half up buck hunting at a couple of close clear-cuts this fall, both was vacant of deer, found fresh (rained evening before) cat tracks at two of them, different size cats. If I remember right, the cats have been protected since 72,.. we will never be able to hunt them, or get there numbers in check. Damn shame.
Mike

With hound hunting illegal why would any houndsman help the state?? It's the states law so they can go and buy and train their own damn dogs!

I'm going to assume money. My buddy used to run hounds for a living, says he will run them for the state till he doesn't have any left, sense he already has them. But he is not training any new ones.

It's really unfortunate, as the number he has killed or had a client kill in the past is so small compared to the actual number of trees animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
K

KMBH

FNG

We cannot hunt with dogs, nor can we hunt lions at all. However, the good dog guys have many opportunities to run lions. DFG still kills about 300/year with dogs. And, the biologists GPS collar many hundreds of Mtn Lions in this state. BTW, the state did not make it illegal...changing demographics did.