Thicken the grip on a ridgeline?

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a new ridge line in 6.5 PRC. I love almost everything about the rifle and feel like it is a great rifle for the money. The only two things I would like to tinker with is swapping the bolt knob to a slightly bigger one which is super easy. The other is not quite as simple, which is the grip area. It is a touch small for my liking. I can definitely live with it if I can’t figure out a way to make it a little better, so no big deal.
SO.....has anyone done anything to the ridge line grip to slightly alter it.....like maybe grip tape or something? Thanks in advance.

Selling and replacing the stock is an easy route. If you want to tinker with the stock you can build up and reshape the grip with bondo and repaint it pretty easily.

OP

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
who Makes a good aftermarket for the ridgeline that won’t add weight?

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
Along the line of upgrading the stock on a Ridgeline, has anyone used the Mesa Precision Altitude stock on a Ridgeline? Not sure what modifications would be necessary but looks like it might potentially be a good option. I have an inquiry in with Mesa Precision about this too.

who Makes a good aftermarket for the ridgeline that won’t add weight?

I had manners do an EH1, shaved a few oz and its a big improvement in ergo's. But, it was not drop in ready with the factory bottom metal on the CA Ridgeline, I had to have my gunsmith mill it out to fit and the cost of doing that was the same as milling out to fit Hawkins Tracker bottom so its an M5 inlet if I ever wanted to switch to DBM.

The inlet from Manners was too deep so the metal was recessed into the stock too far and would have had to be built up to sit flush, and was not cut out right to fit the shape of the CA bottom metal.

It wasn't a huge deal as I was having it bedded and the pillars bedded, but its did add a +$150 for the extra bottom metal work on the stock.

Along the line of upgrading the stock on a Ridgeline, has anyone used the Mesa Precision Altitude stock on a Ridgeline? Not sure what modifications would be necessary but looks like it might potentially be a good option. I have an inquiry in with Mesa Precision about this too.

Don't hold me to this, but I thought I saw on a thread here, or maybe over at Long Range Hunting, a guy dropped a Ridgeline in and only had to mill out the side bolt release. It seemed like it worked out of the box for the most part with just a little work.

HUNTER100

Lil-Rokslider

Lbirch over at longrangeonly.com did this with one of his ridgelines. He even did the stock painting himself. Looked real nice. See link below, page 4:

Aviator

WKR
About the only option you have is to replace the stock, I’ve been thinking of doing the same thing.