Thin grid fleece

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
for a grid base layer either the Core Lwt you have or the OR Echo, both are offered in 1/4 zip as well as hoody

if your looking for something a little heavier than those, look at the Capilene Mid-weight, heavier yet- Capilene Thermal weight

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved

Been wanting to try this out, little steep in price but looks very lightweight.

LostArra

WKR
Pardon the interruption but has recent technology removed the stink factor from Capilene?
I used to run and bike in a Patagonia capilene base layer before merino was even a thing.
I liked the way it performed in keeping moisture away but it could get ripe pretty quickly.

fmyth

WKR
Pardon the interruption but has recent technology removed the stink factor from Capilene?
I used to run and bike in a Patagonia capilene base layer before merino was even a thing.
I liked the way it performed in keeping moisture away but it could get ripe pretty quickly.
I bought a new Patagonia Capilene hoody last year and wore hiking a couple days a week over the summer and it hasn't developed the funk.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member

it's better than it was for sure; not in the realm of merino- but slowly gaining some ground

KU_Geo

WKR
I Love the high route grid fleece. But it’s not really, really thin. Kuiu peloton is thinner, but not grid fleece. Patagonia various base layers are where I would be looking. I usually run a base t shirt(wool, Sitka lightweight, etc…) and either the Kuiu peloton 97 or high route fleece. Kuiu is less durable.

OP
G
I do remember my capilene getting pretty funky quickly. I'm sold on merino for the base layer

jd1006

WKR
If you can find a kuiu chinook jacket, that’s thin, nylon-based grid fleece with built in pit zips. Pretty unique, very durable, and very breathable

OP
G
I'd like to see a 1/4 zip sitka core lightweight without a hood that's just like their core lightweight hoody. Seems like they only offer that in merino, I'd be wearing this over a merino base

Lightest, thinnest grid shirt that I know of.

OP
G

Lightest, thinnest grid shirt that I know of.
Looks just like what I'm thinking of thanks

Over this past winter I tried an Eddie Bauer high route grid fleece and a Patagonia R1, between the two the R1 had a lighter weight material and felt a little better made. I thought it made an excellent base layer and seemed to breathe pretty well. They're both a little pricey for what they are, but they both seem to be on sale pretty frequently throughout the year.

Bump79

WKR

Been wanting to try this out, little steep in price but looks very lightweight.
I've got this peice and have been very disappointed with it. I much prefer every other grid fleece I own, Kuiu 97 and 200 or heck even a heavy weight merino. This Canis peice is a swing and a miss in my opinion.