Things from the backcountry that you cant unsee...

TheCougar

WKR
Speaking for my hunting buddy: I was bored while we were on opposite side of the canyon, so I called my buddy on the radio and talked him onto “a big old white buck” through his spotter. What he ended up seeing was my rear end, in all it’s glory. His only response was “ahhhh, my eyes! It’s so white!”

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
Speaking for my hunting buddy: He was turkey hunting off this dirt road that had a water tower next to the area he hunted. One morning as he was coming back to his truck from a morning hunt he noticed a car parked by the water tower. Having had some trespassing problems in the past, he snuck up to car for a closer look. Once he got closer, he began to think he had snuck up on two Rhinosaurus mating in the wild - only to find it was an EXTREMELY overweight young couple going at it. You just can't erase those things from your mind as much as you try...…….

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
My older sister works for the FS. She saw disheveled naked guy with a bloody rear end stumbling through the forest. She retreated and reported it to the authorities and never heard anything more about it.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

1) back in the late 80', paddling down the New River, came a whole raft of people in various states of undress. Turn out to be the Virginia Tech Cave club on their annual river float.

2) 2012, about 3 days into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, my Dad and I were finally getting to the point where we weren't seeing many people. I was pretty rank, and we completed a long portage. It was hot, and I was skanky. Stripped down to take a dip to get the funk off, waded about 25 feet into calf deep water, and around the bend comes a canoe with a lady in the front and a guy in the back. They veered off for a go-round. I did my dip and re-clothed, they came back to make the portage. They guy was cool about it - I mean, hell, you gotta bathe sometime right? But the chick looked seriously pissed. All I could think was, man what a brutal trip to have to make with that bitch. Poor dude.

3) This summer Swallow Falls, MD, came around a large rock to a very attractive young lady pulling her shorts up and fumbling with her phone to make like she was trying to take a picture. Big shit eating grin on the skinny kid with her. Luckily, my kids (3 & 4) were making enough noise that they heard and finished up (for the time being) or I would have been doing a lot of explaining to my 4 year old boy.

260madman

WKR
1) Boundary Water we were driving down a FS road and saw a van parked on the shoulder by a river which isn’t unusual. A few yards past the van there’s a man and woman naked in the freezing cold water taking a dip amongst other things.

2) Not backcountry but we were outside Sterling Colorado on the interstate and there was a Truck and Airstream pulled ove on the shoulder. A elderly man came walking out from the passenger side of the camper. He didn’t have tan lines. He was sporting some serious wood. My wife says: Is he? I say: yep. She says: He’s got a hard... I say: yep. This memory of Colorado will last longer than I want it too. Then she busts out laughing.

We do river trips and this year we came around a bend on the Rio Grande and witnessed sex-on-shore. Poor folks thought they were alone and canoes are so quiet...

Was setting up an orienteering course for the Rocky Mountain Orienteering Club in the early 2000s in White Ranch Open Space near Golden, Colorado and ran into a young naked couple - cowgirl style. Poor kids, didn't take orienteers into account......

I was scouting the Gore Range, helping a buddy find elk for his archery hunt a couple years ago. We bivied at timberline and woke early the next morning. We crossed the basin at first light and intersected the trail. Ran into a very fit couple (long-distance fast-packers judging by the lycra and minimal packs in a heap on the grass) using a large boulder for doggie. She saw us immediately and ran for her clothes. I just averted my eyes and said "good morning." What can you do?

And then, there was the time my girlfriend (now wife) and I were on the Brookside McCurdy Trail near Golden and got caught.....

Life is for the living Amigos.

ODB

WKR
What I’m learning is that you really have to be careful of the bends when you are in the woods. Note how many of these stories start with, “I came ‘round a bend and right there in front of me was...”.

What we need, apparently, are straighter trails and rivers to put all this nonsense to an end....

OP
What I’m learning is that you really have to be careful of the bends when you are in the woods. Note how many of these stories start with, “I came ‘round a bend and right there in front of me was...”.

What we need, apparently, are straighter trails and rivers to put all this nonsense to an end....

Or stay out of Colorado and California. Seems like almost all the stories are have taken place in one of the two.

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
My good buddy and I are deer hunting a couple of years ago early in archery season. We pull over at a roadside spot to chase squirrels in a good hickory patch. We spook the squirrels and take a stand at the base of a big tree next to the trail. We are all decked out in leafy suits face masks. A younger than us couple pulls up walks out the trail. This very attractive young lady walks out to square in front of us at ten feet. She starts doing a little shimmy grabs the top of her yoga pants and turns rear right in our faces. As she starts peeling I speak up in my best gruff mountain man tone, "honey you probably dont want to pop a squat with is watching". I know she peed a little and was terribly embarrassed. I figured there was no way to watch the show and be able to laugh with them about it.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

tmwtrfwler

Lil-Rokslider
I have a tower deer stand here in Virginia in the middle of one of our ag fields that's right at the 100 yard line (legal limit to hunt near a road). Darn thing looks like a fire watch tower from the highway. I had my son with me hunting two seasons ago and a car pulls off the road onto the shoulder. A guy gets out of the driver seat, a girl gets out of the passenger seat. I figure they're switching and next thing he opens the back door and she squats down to piss. They had no idea we were there. I look down and my 10 year old is looking through his binocs at the entire scene laughing. Kid learned something that day i guess.

Last edited:

rayporter

WKR
boundary waters good way in---storm on the way. wind and clouds building.

paddle like heck and make a point to camp on.

as we unpack up pops 2 gals [ with clothes on] pissed as heck.

one [ the boss] yells and screams and threatens us to the point she almost got shut up

we try to get a shelter up but she wont quit and we eventually moved to get away from her

we got a little wet but beat the main storm.

jspradley

WKR
boundary waters good way in---storm on the way. wind and clouds building.

paddle like heck and make a point to camp on.

as we unpack up pops 2 gals [ with clothes on] pissed as heck.

one [ the boss] yells and screams and threatens us to the point she almost got shut up

we try to get a shelter up but she wont quit and we eventually moved to get away from her

we got a little wet but beat the main storm.

Did she say what she was so mad about? Or were you just in "her" spot?