Things to do Colorado Springs/Trinidad

WildBoose

FNG
Going to be passing though Trinidad and Colorado Springs next week for work and have a couple days to kill....What's going on around those parts? Fly fishing shops, gun stores, hunting stores, ect.....

Garden of The Gods was cool, but Colorado Springs was very underwhelming when we stayed there.

Watch out for aggressive bums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggressive homeless are a problem in CO Springs IME as well. However, we found several good locally owned restaurants and the old downtown is pretty cool. If you haven't already done it, driving up to Pike's Peak should be on your list. However, you'll want to get there early to avoid long lines and a painful ascent/descent.

It's a long drive from CO Springs, but I never pass up the opportunity to hit the original Quincy's Steakhouse in Leadville when I'm in central CO. They have a few locations, but I love the original.

KHNC

WKR
Head over to divide in the evening. On the way to cripple creek you can see elk out in the meadows on the private land.

Springs area: The hike or drive up Pikes Peak is pretty cool. There are also a lot of lesser peaks along the front range you can hike. No shortage of hiking around here. The incline in Manitou Springs is cool sunrise hike. Cheyenne mountain shooting complex has a decent 3D archery range if you bring a bow. They also have a rifle range open to the public.

Paradox

FNG
Canon city and the grand gorge would be worth the trip. Also lots of rafting on the Arkansas river.

def90

WKR
Not much going on in Trinidad, they've kind of branded themselves as the weekend pot get away vacation spot for Texans.

In the springs you have many museums to pick from including the US Olympic museum, US Rodeo Hall of Fame, rocky mountain motorcycle museum, a national WW2 aircraft museum, Petersen air and space museum, Dragonman's, Cripple Creek and Victor, and countless other western themed museums.

11 mile canyon if you are in to fly fishing. Tons of great restaurants around town..

Dukejb

FNG
Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak are the big attractions. The Air Force Academy is also cool to see. My favorite restaurant when we lived in Springs was Odyssey Gastro Pub. If you’re passing through Pueblo at meal time, stop at Grey’s and get a slopper (open face cheeseburger covered in pork green chili). You’re about an hour to 11 Mile Canyon or Deckers on the South Platte, but both are overfished in my opinion. The Arkansas is a couple of hours away and Salida or Buena Vista are cool little towns.

KsRancher

WKR
Make sure to check and see if you need a reservation before you go to anything. We went to Pikes peak, couldn't drive to the summit without a reservation. Was going to do the incline. Needed a reservation and was 3 days out. The amount of people there were INSANE compared to when we were there 3 yrs ago.

Still a fun place, just busy. The Airplane restaurant was neat. Food was average, but place was neat. Great mini golf place on Academy Blvd to play a round in evening.

Have fun!

jayhawk

WKR
Pikes Peak, Magnum shooting (they have machine guns!), Garden of the Gods.
The Broadmoor is super fancy but has some great food and facilities. Go to the Golden Bee, they completely disassembled an English pub and rebuilt it in the US, and it's pretty casual.
Deckers is a great place to fish. Gold medal waters up there.
Manitou Springs is a weird little town, but there is some good food there. Be sure to check out The Mountain Man store downtown.

Make sure to check and see if you need a reservation before you go to anything. We went to Pikes peak, couldn't drive to the summit without a reservation. Was going to do the incline. Needed a reservation and was 3 days out. The amount of people there were INSANE compared to when we were there 3 yrs ago.

Still a fun place, just busy. The Airplane restaurant was neat. Food was average, but place was neat. Great mini golf place on Academy Blvd to play a round in evening.

Have fun!
x2 on that mini golf place. Low prices and very nice layout. My family had a ball there...

Anglers Covey in Colorado Springs is a top notch fly shop. If you want to fish, 11 mile canyon fly fishing can be a blast on the weekdays, as well as deckers/cheesman. The Air Force Academy has fantastic archery range with a static out to 100 yards, 4 walking ranges and 40 3D targets. Bill Pellegrino's Archery Hut is an awesome pro shop, be patient as this is there busiest time of year and they are short staffed. Bill himself is top notch as well as the entire team there.