things to do in and around salt lake

Jacack

WKR
i have to travel to salt lake to go pick up a new pup and was planning to go alone and do a immediate turn around. wife thinks she wants to come and bring my 8yr old son.

probably arrive midday on a Sunday and fly back out Wednesday.

should we stay in salt lake? or somewhere else. dont care to stay a few places rather than one hotel

what things should we try to check out, my son has never seen real snow just a dusting here and there so that's high on the list if possible.

i hunted the manti unit this year archery and thought about heading down there just to show them the mountains down there but guess i probably don't need to go that far away.

open to any suggestion, never spent any time in salt lake

jared

UtahJimmy

WKR
When are you planning this visit?

With the surge in Rona lately, I'd advise you get out of salt lake and Utah counties.

We are finally getting snow so a quick drive up one of the canyons (big or little cottonwood) will check off the snow for your kid.

Zion and Bryce are always a good choice, especially if you time it with a fresh dusting of snow.

If coming out soon (next 2 weekends) bring a spotting scope with you to check out rutting bucks. PM me to discuss where to go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd second driving up little cottonwood for snow sight seeing. That canyon is beautiful.

For salt lake city itself...? Walking around the temple is pretty neat, even if you're not Mormon or religious.

Antelope island could be fun. You can probably just drive the road on the south side and see buffalo.