Things to do near Gillette

Not really sure exactly where it is at, but in 2019 while hunting goats we had a super bad day of weather and decided too do a trip to Sheridian (at least I think thats where we went I was sitting in the back seat and not paying too much attention on the drive) as I had all ready tagged out and was sitting on a doe tag(which I was not interested in filling) agreed too tag along, there is a very good museum near there about the plaines Indians and also toured the Govs. mansion great places both. I you have 4 wheel capabilities i highly recommend the crazy woman trail in the big horns, neat trip also.

Was this the help you mention?

You have a few options with a rental car. (All these routes are paved highways.)

You could take Highway 16 from Buffalo to Tensleep and then continue on to Worland and go north to Greybull and then take Highway 14 to Burgess Junction and on down to Datyton and Ranchester. Then get on I90 and return to Buffalo.

Or, at Tensleep you could take the Lower Nowood Road (on the west edge of Tensleep) north to Highway 31 and then on to Manderson where you could get on Highway 20 and go to Greybull.

Or, at Greybull rather than taking Highway 14 to Burgess Junction you could continue on through Greybull a couple miles and then take Highway 310 north to Lovell and then take Highway Alternate 14 to Burgess Junction.

These loops would take most of a day.

Enjoy the trip if you decide to go.

ClearCreek

Yes, Mr. Clear Creek helped me, and I had an amazing drive through Big Horn. Thank You !!! While my lope was being butchered.

Claypa

FNG
I and my younger brother will be in the area this fall but don't expect to fill all our archery tags quickly enough to be looking for something else to do. Would definitely be able to fill extra time if I had it.

OP
H

HuntTN

FNG
I and my younger brother will be in the area this fall but don't expect to fill all our archery tags quickly enough to be looking for something else to do. Would definitely be able to fill extra time if I had it.
How many tags did you get this year? I wound up with just one any antelope tag and 10 days for the whole trip.

cgasner1

WKR
They use to have a prime rib palace or something was great and humpreys is pretty awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtblackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Headed to unit 18 in Wyoming for my first antelope hunt. I’ll be staying in Gillette and have stayed there before on an elk hunt south of there. I didn’t get to do anything but hunt on that trip. Looking for things to see or do if i tag out early. Is there other types of hunting/fishing opportunities around the area or even in South Dakota you suggest looking into?
Meth seems to be recreation of choice.