Things You Need For Mule Deer Camp That No One Thinks About

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Chapstick for your nose and lips, glassing pad for long glassing sessions and naps on the side of a hill, and some kind of pain pill for when things go south.

Doodle

FNG
Just a heads up. If using that super glue to fix a cut, MAKE SURE you hold the cut together and don't let the cut fill up with the glue. I cut myself pretty good while fileting fish. I had some really quick dry super glue. I cleaned it up real good and had my son lay a bead of glue on the cut. AND then for some reason I just let go and the glue filled the cut. By the time I got something to get the glue out it had set up. So not knowing what to do at the time. I got a pair of pliers and told my son to grab the glue and yank. And WOW, that was interesting. Got the glue out but had a little meat attached to it. And boy did it bleed after that
Yea super glue (as far as I know) was invented for closing wounds in ww2….not filling them! That must’ve hurt like a b!

Wrench

WKR
Q tips, baby wipes, dental floss and needle/thread. I always have superglue and recently grabbed a small tube of aquaseal uv set.....awesome for instant gear repairs....if its light out.

hunterjmj

WKR
A good sleep system. I have a good cot, thick pad and a warm roomy sleeping bag. I bring a down comforter for when it really cold.

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
And some Benadryl! A little bit can really help you go to sleep when you’re in a floorless shelter and it’s dusty. I have allergies and seem to get congested sometimes so it really helps me get some good rest. Just don’t take too much and sleep in…

WRM

WKR
Candy. Everybody brings all these pre-mixed powerfoods and stuff, but sometimes you just want a quick pop of sugar (basically your body begging for glucose). I bring a pack a swedish fish and some miniature snickers bars. I bring plenty of real protein and fat dense foods as well, but sometimes you just want sweet.

I think it was a "guru" on an Exo email that reco'd Tang over all the various and sundry "sport drinks" and Gummi Bears instead of the multitude of similar high priced blocks n bites. Swedish Fish B good too.

And some Benadryl! A little bit can really help you go to sleep when you’re in a floorless shelter and it’s dusty. I have allergies and seem to get congested sometimes so it really helps me get some good rest. Just don’t take too much and sleep in…
Whatever you do make sure you can get good sleep and take care of your feet. Makes it easier to endure misery from other elements.

OP
gabedenzine
Sounds like your tent camping
In that case.... I take a bottle of saline. Sadly I'm allergic to Sage brush and it's nice to flush my sinuses

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I guess I will see. I always have Saline for my contacts to rinse.

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
Gold bond, monkey butt, etc.. No matter what I do I have to use it at least one time every bow season. Chafing is no fun when you have to put the miles on.

How tough are you? If you can handle discomfort, you really don't *need* much to hunt any animal. And practically speaking, the simpler your gear, the easier it is to get moving every morning. I look at it this way... If I have my: Weapon/ammo/optics/food/water/clothes/shelter/tags/knife, whatever else gets forgotten is just luxury/nice to haves.
A good first aid kit can be very handy and hope not needed.

If you’re in desert country knee pads and leather gloves. Crawling on your hands and knees in cactus can be brutal.