Think ill be buying some extras for the pack. What do you use?

Luked

WKR
I have a Kifaru 44 Mag. SO far i love the bag and like it much better than my Stryker/Camp bag setup i had originally.
Got the 44 Mag pretty quick so i didnt get a change to get anything like a Guide lid or Sherman or anything like that.
With just the bag itself i have all of my gear packed up and ready to leave for CO in the morning. This thing is Jam packed full. Granted some will come out like what clothes im wearing in to the mountains but its still crammed full.

Have a Tripodi n one side pocket,
Inside the main bag-4 days of food, Tent, Sleeping pad, Stove, Sleeping bag. Extra clothes like puffy and base layers.
Other side pocket-Thermarest Z seat, Med kit, Water Bladder, Gaiters.
Top pocket-battery pack and electronics like head lamp and some TP wipes for quick access.
Lower lid pocket-has my contacts and eye glasses if i need them along with fire starting kit.

So after packing some of this stuff in i am realizing that i might need to get a Guide lid to add some extra storage.
I do have some pockets but have not put them on the pack as I want to strap the bow to the pack.
What all do you cuys carry where.
And what do you put in your guide lid?

I have a KUIU Venture 1800 and got a pack accessory pouch for it. I hold my rain gear (Jacket and Pants) and it works really well to have that immediately accessible if you get hit by a storm.

Vaultman

WKR
Ive found that the daily items )that are always with me, go either in the chamber pocket (typically my kill kit) and other daily items either in the side pockets (Tripod and spotter, with puffy or rain gear if room), or in the add on pouches or lid.
I try to make it look like this video in day mode (even though I have a different pack). Lid over the top, and pouches accessible. Only big difference in this pack (AMR I think he says) and most other more modern ones is the side pockets.

geoff995

WKR
I went through the same motions after I purchased a 44 mag. I added a lid plus belt pouches off the back. Pack worked well in this configuration. The only thing to consider is that after you add all those accessories your pack starts creeping into the 8-10lb range empty.

I like to have things like lights, electronics, and other small stuff in belt pouches, the heavy stuff goes in first the Guide lid holds clothes...things I may need to get to quickly like insultation and rain gear. For leisure treks (like fishing trips) I pack a ton of snivel gear and even put some of it in my buddy's pack when he's not looking. :cool:

lightened backpack.jpg

Lawnboi

WKR
Accessories suck. Beyond a few belt pouches having stuff hang all over, more zippers, more straps is a pain.

Get a bigger pack bag.

Iv tried the smaller bag deal. You think it’s full now wait till you kill something and it’s dark.

The older I get the smaller my pack bags get...I used a Woodsman this year (had a 44 mag last year) with a medium Belt Pouch and a Sherman. I kept everything that I would need during the day in the BP and the Sherman including my kill kit. I think the Sherman is the best accessory that I have bought thus far.