Thinking of doing a drop in hunt in OR or ID

repins05

WKR
I am thinking of doing a drop in hunt in OR or ID. Have 4 points in Oregon. Any recommendations? Don't need a b&c trophy but wanting a good buck. Just started research for units in OR. Thinking something like ches, catherine creek, etc? Have it made it to Idaho yet....a bit overwhelming to try to figure out. Looking to hunt 2023. Any info for a jump start is appreciated. Thx.

kota

FNG
I would be more interested in who than where since you would be relying on your packer to get you to a reasonable area and they may be limited in the units they can pack into. Del Sol and Steens are 2 of the best. I had a friend that used Del Sol last year and had a good experience.

Are you an OR resident? What is a reasonable buck to you? Oregon is pretty tough for non-residents to get tags and even tougher to find mature bucks.

OP
R

repins05

WKR
I would be more interested in who than where since you would be relying on your packer to get you to a reasonable area and they may be limited in the units they can pack into. Del Sol and Steens are 2 of the best. I had a friend that used Del Sol last year and had a good experience.

Are you an OR resident? What is a reasonable buck to you? Oregon is pretty tough for non-residents to get tags and even tougher to find mature bucks.
I agree with who rather than where. I am instate, but have 3 buddies out of state. So, I am trying to find a unit that is requiring limited points for them. Some of the low point instate hunts (2-3 points) don't require any more points for out of state or just 1 or 2 +.

24"-28" would be nice. Seen Del Sol mentioned in the past. Will give them a call. Appreciate the lead.

Matthew57

FNG
Idaho would be a challenge to go as a party given the way they’re distributing OTC tags and the high demand for them. And controlled hunt draw odds are pretty tough for the most part.

OP
R

repins05

WKR
Idaho would be a challenge to go as a party given the way they’re distributing OTC tags and the high demand for them. And controlled hunt draw odds are pretty tough for the most part.
Yea makes sense.