Thinking of doing a tikka build. Questions

SDHNTR

WKR
It makes no sense IMO. You could buy a Alamo Precision custom Maverick package on a Defiance action with a real match grade custom barrel, and put all your own touches on it for less money and time than you will spend trying to make a quality rifle out of a budget based factory Tikka.

83cj-7

WKR
It makes no sense IMO. You could buy a Alamo Precision custom Maverick package on a Defiance action with a real match grade custom barrel, and put all your own touches on it for less money and time than you will spend trying to make a quality rifle out of a budget based factory Tikka.
It all depends on what your looking to build and how good of a deal you can get on components. Gunsmith cost is a consideration as well. I actually like the Tikka action, bottom “metal” and magazine. The weight is darn close to a custom ultralight action. It’s all about how it shoots when it’s done. My budget built custom Tikka rifles shoot just as good as any custom action rifle and I can put one together with a proof barrel for $2k. YMMV

SDHNTR

WKR
To each their own but for $2500, you get a Defiance action, custom barrel, custom trigger, carbon stock, with my choice in colors, fluting, cartridge, barrel length. For $500 more perhaps, it’s a no brainer.

To each their own but for $2500, you get a Defiance action, custom barrel, custom trigger, carbon stock, with my choice in colors, fluting, cartridge, barrel length. For $500 more perhaps, it’s a no brainer.
Where are you getting that rifle built for 2,500? Can you get me a phone number by chance?