Thinking of getting a new bow? Hoyt/PSE???

evan711

Lil-Rokslider
So i have a hoyt helix ultra, nice bow. considering keeping it and getting a new string on it and keep shooting it a few more years or...... ive been eying the pse evo ntn knock on bow. What do you all think?

Rob5589

WKR
The PSE Evolve cam is fantastic. Definitely check them out. No experience with recent Hoyts.

Kcole1987

FNG
if its not broke don't fix it. although its fun to go bow shopping. either way seems like a win

Zac

WKR
Can't go wrong with either. Although you may go insane trying to shim the NTN after yoke tuning all this time. The new EVL PSE is supposed to tune much easier.

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Been shooting hoyt for 15 yrs love my helix but it's all in how it feels to you shoot them all and make sure it feels good

I went in and shot as many as I could trying not to look at any brand name to see what felt the best to me without having any brand bias. I eneded up with a prime

xcutter

WKR
I've been die hard Hoyt for 10 plus years and still like them a lot. Recently bought a used Bowtech Reckoning. Have to say it's pretty awesome. Definitely a shooter.

If your in the market for a new bow. I say shoot them all. It's just part of the fun whether you buy or not. I then like to read on the forums to see the tuning difficulties or any problems with them before buying.

Brizzle

FNG
The evo evl has my attention, Im not a fan of of the “signature” edition stuff (Ntn, Bee real etc.) but whatever floats your boat. I’ve shot the Rx-5 and it’s not a bad shooting bow. Came in at 5.2 pounds so definitely not light by any stretch of the imagination. I don’t know how Hoyt got their numbers posted online, still waiting to get my hands on an EVL, but if it shoots anything like the evo did last year I’d lean that way between the two. I’d say I like last years evo over the rx-5 even... but that’s just my opinion

Dan74

FNG
I have shot Hoyt for years but I also have been eye the new pse they feel really nice.

87TT

WKR
Get another Helix. They can be had pretty cheap. I love mine. Don't have the Ultra though, Have a Pro Defiant and a PowerMax too.

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
So i have a hoyt helix ultra, nice bow. considering keeping it and getting a new string on it and keep shooting it a few more years or...... ive been eying the pse evo ntn knock on bow. What do you all think?
I made the switch from the VXR to the EVO NTN 33 for the December hunt season. Haven't shot the hoyt, but I have zero interest now. The pse is unreal. So smooth and easy to shoot tight groups at longer distances (60+). I run a 10” riddance on the front.