Thinner wool socks

Teaman1

WKR
Anybody tried some normal thickness wool socks that they liked. I’ve been using the light hikers from smartwool. They are very comfortable but the sides and bottoms are definitely thicker than average.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I personally run the GORE socks early and late season. The biggest reason is that they pull so much moisture off your feet and keep your feet dry threw out the day. They have a thicker pad for the bottom of your feet and then a thinner top and around your foot is thinner so you don't heat up and sweat them out. The longest I have run those socks for was 5 days straight I forgot my other pair at the house so I had to deal with it and I was extremely impressed by them. You can rub your hand across the top and bottom and they will be wet but your feet will be completely dry. I would highly recommend them to anyone that is in the market for an amazing all around sock.

jb1316

FNG
I use the REI merino socks. I wear them with my cowboy boots year round, and have no problem with them in the Texas summer. I see them on their outlet site pretty regularly.

TBHasler

WKR
I hike in the smart wool thin “no cushioning” model throughout summer in TX (hot). Sounds like you have the thins but with cushioning. No way around the cushioning adding some mass.
Try liners with smart wool thins/no cushioning. My $.02
Good luck

I personally run the GORE socks early and late season. The biggest reason is that they pull so much moisture off your feet and keep your feet dry threw out the day. They have a thicker pad for the bottom of your feet and then a thinner top and around your foot is thinner so you don't heat up and sweat them out. The longest I have run those socks for was 5 days straight I forgot my other pair at the house so I had to deal with it and I was extremely impressed by them. You can rub your hand across the top and bottom and they will be wet but your feet will be completely dry. I would highly recommend them to anyone that is in the market for an amazing all around sock.
32$ whew I have a mild shock buying 21$ pair farm to feets. You would bout half give me CPR if I tried them GORE socks after hitting buy lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
32$ whew I have a mild shock buying 21$ pair farm to feets. You would bout half give me CPR if I tried them GORE socks after hitting buy lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Welcome to the world of Gore products. I recommend a low interest credit card for the socks and chow up an aspirin for the heart attack.

I love my Gore socks, but I thought they were discontinuing them.

DarnTough has never let me down and the warranty is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk