This damn ebay game will turn ya gray!!

Hardstalk

WKR
Currently highest bidder on stone glacier krux frame and approach pack. 100.00 and some change off retail. After months of research I've decided on this combo and including the solo bag would be ideal for my style of hunting. Spiking out. Leaving behind solo pack at camp and taking approach on the day hunts.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365869302.727507.jpg come on timer!! Im chewing my nails off!

I saw that pack on there, and I feel for ya. I buy as much as I can on ebay, I generally don't buy anything retail until I have price checked it on ebay, amazon, and overstock. On ebay, if the current price is below what I'm willing to pay, I will wait until there's about 10 seconds left, and then enter my max bid in attempt to not allow anyone else the time to outbid me.

I saw that pack on there, and I feel for ya. I buy as much as I can on ebay, I generally don't buy anything retail until I have price checked it on ebay, amazon, and overstock. On ebay, if the current price is below what I'm willing to pay, I will wait until there's about 10 seconds left, and then enter my max bid in attempt to not allow anyone else the time to outbid me.

That's the way to do it!

littlebuf

Banned
ebay can be fun but yes very nerve racking. I try not to spend to much time there as it can also be addicting

jmez

WKR
No reason to even bid until there are about 10 seconds left. I don't understand guys bidding back and forth on something when there is 4 days left in the auction. All you are doing is running the price up.

OP
Hardstalk

Hardstalk

WKR
I tried to wait watched for 3 days and bid with 2 min left. I was afraid that phone lag would screw me so i was trying to be safe.

OP
Hardstalk

Hardstalk

WKR
You might consider this for your next try

www.auctionsniper.com

Give it a try

I knew there was a software capable of doing it. It crossed my mind. Thanks for link. Now I know where to go

I contacted the seller and was ready to give him 450 to buy it now but he wasn't havin it. We both lost.

Rockey

FNG
Might have to check out that software. I have lost several auctions in the last minute but that is the name of the game. Last 5 minutes is really all that counts but nerve racking for the rest of the time!

jls

FNG
I knew there was a software capable of doing it. It crossed my mind. Thanks for link. Now I know where to go

I contacted the seller and was ready to give him 450 to buy it now but he wasn't havin it. We both lost.

Might have to check out that software. I have lost several auctions in the last minute but that is the name of the game. Last 5 minutes is really all that counts but nerve racking for the rest of the time!

If you look at the item's bid history you will see that many ebay auctions are won in the final seconds. I would venture a guess that many of those folks are using a "sniper" to win those auctions, I just don't see waiting at the keyboard until the final seconds to get the winning bid placed.

There are other similar services out there if you do a Google search, but auctionsniper.com is the only one I have any experience with.

Good luck and happy bidding

jmez

WKR
I don't use a sniper. If I find something I want I just make sure I'm at the computer when it is ending. I bid when there are 10 seconds left. Sometimes my bid gets in and sometimes it doesn't.

I had put a snipe on that same pack, but I only had 400 to spend so I put my bid in at 407.98. My bid was never placed because the price went higher than my max before the end. The snipe programs bid in the last couple seconds so its almost impossible to beat them unless you have placed a higher maximum bid. Don't bid back and forth on eBay it just drives the price up, you'll notice it was rookies driving up the price on that pack early on, no ofence Hardstalk. Use a sniper and put in your max price it won't bid until the end and it will outbid anyone unless their max bid is more than yours.

Honestly you don't need a sniper program or subscription to do this, as most folks that use these set it a week out and walk away. I don't like the sniper programs because it exposes your eBay information and login to a third party, probably less secure system.

The trick is to bid closer to the end of the auction, within the last 5 minutes or so.

Just set an alert in your phone to bid 5 minutes from the end.