This forum has cost me too much money

lokifox

FNG
Not sure what to say beyond that. Lurked for a while...

I learned that light =/= good in every circumstance. After I wrecked a Kuiu pack a day into a hunt I switched to a MR. It's heavy by comparison but it's built like a tank and can take a beating.

Ruger All Weather rifles with the Zytel boat paddle stocks might be the finest backcountry hunting rifles ever made. They simply don't rust and there's nothing remotely fragile about them. 338 Win in a Mark II is pretty rough with a full bore load though...

I'll think of more useless wisdom eventually.

This forum gets expensive. i don't even wanna try and compute my RS investments to this point.

TheGDog

WKR
But how expensive would it have been... to get to the end of your life... and not have all these neat experiences from Hunting to look back on and remember, and tell stories about!

OP
L

lokifox

FNG
But how expensive would it have been... to get to the end of your life... and not have all these neat experiences from Hunting to look back on and remember, and tell stories about!

Absolutely no doubt. I‘m a relatively young person but have hunted with guys who are dying of cancer, and they all say the same thing. “I wish I had made his a priority when I was younger.”

Same with high intensity physical hunts, not a lot of guys can manage them after they hit 65+.

X2 For buy once cry once. I've been checking classifieds religiously for 3, or 4 years now... Always too slow on the trigger for stuff, but the guys upgrading and liquidating probably save others a ton of money in the long run.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
This form has saved me money. I lurked for several years and this form has helped me reduce unplanned gear turnover by getting equipment I'm happy with. I still lurk on several other forums, but Rokslide is the only one I have bothered to join.

1KNIGHT

FNG
I have been able to gather up a lot of information before making a purchase which has allowed me to buy once and only cry once !

OP
L

lokifox

FNG
a crack house for gear junkies....

I wish that weren't the case. I should have joined here a long time ago.

I have bought and sold more gear than I can remember. First you find Cabelas... Then you find Big Agnes.... Then you find Kuiu.

All the gear is like wine and beer to me. You have to try it all to figure out what you like.

jcarrera

FNG
Then you start to look for a house based solely on the storage/workshop space, shooting range possibilities, and proximity to the mountains... I'm not kidding...