This is how we do it

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
We were talking about this video amongst some friends the other day. Great video, thoroughly enjoyed it. Love movies that make you want to get back out in the hills.

leoni1

FNG
Hahah! I would hate to ruin our reputation as backpackers! I thoroughly enjoy my neature walks. ANWR sure is neat!

Classic Lenny Pepperbottom. Thanks for the laugh.

Do you run into any black mountain ants on your AK neature walks? I certainly do in Alberta...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T28w

WKR
Just spitballing but how much do you think that trip cost? I assume it was unguided, did they live in Alaska?

OP
G

greywacke

FNG
Great video! I better get a headnet!
Naa, you won't need anything like that in the Arctic... [/pulling your leg]

No camo. I can dig it.

Brown bighorn sheep in the Sandias can see other brown bighorn sheep on a brown mountain at least 50 miles away [per Jack O'Connor]. That's the sort of vision we're dealing with here. Camouflage is futile.
Only way to move on Mr Ram is to deny him lines of sight. As good as he is, he can't see through rock.

OP
G

greywacke

FNG
Just spitballing but how much do you think that trip cost? I assume it was unguided, did they live in Alaska?
Prob a couple grand to fly out from CF [friends with Maules=priceless].
$5 for the resident draw tag [winning the lottery=priceless] [all nonresident sheep hunters must have a guide]
$1500-$2000 per packraft - $1000 for assemble-it-yourself. $400-$800 for worthy 4pc paddle.
Gaining the cumulative skills to mount a successful wilderness expedition that goes that well and that smoothly=years

T28w

WKR
Prob a couple grand to fly out from CF [friends with Maules=priceless].
$5 for the resident draw tag [winning the lottery=priceless] [all nonresident sheep hunters must have a guide]
$1500-$2000 per packraft - $1000 for assemble-it-yourself. $400-$800 for worthy 4pc paddle.
Gaining the cumulative skills to mount a successful wilderness expedition that goes that well and that smoothly=years
$5 for the tag sounds awesome, how hard is it for residents to draw it?