This is how we do it

z987k

WKR
Man, that was great. No camo. No products. Just bad ass hunting with a great attitude. Probably the best hunting video Ive seen in a long time. We need more like that.
If youtube has taught me anything, it's you need at least a $5000 rifle to kill a sheep. They must have had a bonfire with $100 bills after they bought those plastic rifles to appease the sheep hunting gods.

OP
G

greywacke

FNG
You don't need to draw for the brooks. It's all harvest ticket.

Air is just about the only access. So it'll cost.
Yeah, I could have thought that "Tag" bit through a little better inre Brooks Range sheep :/

@T28w -Drawing hunt odds vary, mostly depending on ease/difficulty/expense of access. Most convenient drive-up hunts are almost like lottery tickets, and residents consider applications for them donations to fish & game management in our Great Land, and we feel super-lucky if we pull one, even if we own our own aircraft.

"Resident" means 12+ months of continuous verifiable residency in Alaska. [They're very serious about it too.]

Last edited:

T28w

WKR
Yeah, I could have thought that "Tag" bit through a little better inre Brooks Range sheep :/

@T28w -Drawing hunt odds vary, mostly depending on ease/difficulty/expense of access. Most convenient drive-up hunts are almost like lottery tickets, and residents consider applications for them donations to fish & game management in our Great Land, and we feel super-lucky if we pull one, even if we own our own aircraft.

"Resident" means 12+ months of continuous verifiable residency in Alaska. [They're very serious about it too.]
Dang that last part cut me deep. I was dreaming up a plan 😂

z987k

WKR

Ya, for anything you don't need an airplane to access, regardless of species, draw percent is under 1%
With an airplane there's a couple hard to access spots that get near 10%. But honestly if you have an appropriate airplane, there's plenty of registration and harvest ticket, you don't need to draw anything.

leoni1

FNG
Such a great video and just the right mix of hunter intensity and good natured fun.

Was a pleasure to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falcon

Lil-Rokslider
Totally loved loved the video. It had a little bit of everything and in the end, it personified what sheep
hunting is all about.

Josh_

FNG
What a great video. That is what hunting is all about. No product promotions, just two guys working hard and having a great time. Can't wait to do a sheep hunt someday.

Josh

Great video, I really enjoyed it! I liked how they weren't pushing any products, weren't full of themselves, and were just enjoying the experience! They also seemed to know what they were doing. That combo of factors is what it's all about!

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
Wow! Just wow. As if the hunt wasn't hard enough, these guys captured the experience about as well as could be documented. One really felt as they were tagging along (if you imagined yourself with the stamina to endure a 22 hour day in the Brooks). Thanks for posting. I might've overlooked Ram Town in the sea of Heavy Metal soundtracked infomercials on YouTube.