This is nuts:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Hmmmmm.....I'm not sure tag team bull-dogging is allowed in rodeo, even for just the tie up. Perhaps this is what they do when they get bored with rodeo in the arena.

Poser

WKR
I had a hunting partner from NZ who would tell stories about this. Sometimes they would partially tranquilize the deer and lead them
Out on a dog leash as well as throw nets over them from Helicopters

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got to help out on a mule deer study in SW Montana in the late 80’s. They wanted to radio collar and take blood on a bunch of deer. They set up tall drift nets (just below a ridge line so the deer couldn’t see them). They had ex- Vietnam chopper pilot with a spotter aboard. He would chase the deer towards the nets, when they finally saw the nets it was usually too late and they would jump, only to get semi tangled in the net. That’s where we came in. Jump on a deer, wrestle it like a calf and wait for a biologist to come to take blood and collar it.

In the three days we did this, I don’t think anyone came out unscathed with lots of injuries (never noted any injuries to the deer). But after watching that video, makes our efforts look like a little kid rodeo :D