THIS is why ROKSLIDE is the BEST.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awhile back, sndmn11 put out a post in looking for a variety of 6.5 bullets to try for load development. I had a bunch lying around and I sent them to him to try. Now I'm getting a custom knife out of the deal. Roksliders rock! Maybe the country should take note of how things should work......

Randy

packer58

WKR
I'll second that, I recently put out feelers for a Canadian resident to be the middle man for a stock purchase and got a favorable response in just a couple days......

The Rokslide brotherhood is BAD A$$ for sure....

I’ve been around Internet forums for a long time… On most forums, when the chips are down, people will go out of their way for each other, despite all the possible disagreements and discussions. It’s pretty cool to witness and restores your faith in humanity.

I’ve been around Internet forums for a long time… On most forums, when the chips are down, people will go out of their way for each other, despite all the possible disagreements and discussions. It’s pretty cool to witness and restores your faith in humanity.
I've seen it a few times.

I was actually in the wedding of a friend I made on a forum. His wedding was the second time we had ever hung out in person.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've had similar situations on AT (even had a guy on there send me a dozen arrows for free, just out of the blue), and still have many friends (both online and in person) that I met on there, but haven't spent much time there in the last couple years. It's not always the "whole", but there are decent people most everywhere. I've always said "I'm willing to go a mile for folks.......and even a lot further for those that would go a mile for me".

68Plexi

WKR
Look no further than the Pay it Forward / Free Gear thread to see the generosity that exists on this forum. Over 1k responses and still going.

Hope we can keep that going, as well as how good the classifieds have been in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep definitely lots of good folks here. Just like any other forum there are jerks but my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've been lucky to get great camo for my sons for free here, and have passed along their smaller clothes for free along the way. Never thought I'd find a great community like this one... although the big caliber guys poked fun at my 6.5 manbun, but it encouraged me to build my 300wsm in return. Thanks!

Last edited:

Wvroach

WKR
Yes I've had a few people that I've been able to help out and vice versa, it's good to have friends elsewhere where things may be available that aren't locally. Most of the people here are pretty cool, otherwise I'd just mindlessly watch YouTube videos of cats instead of spending bandwidth here.

Also how else would you know the difference in a hotdog or sandwich? Or the lack thereof.

But that darn classifieds section takes a lot of my money.

rclouse79

WKR
Awhile back, sndmn11 put out a post in looking for a variety of 6.5 bullets to try for load development. I had a bunch lying around and I sent them to him to try. Now I'm getting a custom knife out of the deal. Roksliders rock! Maybe the country should take note of how thin
Awhile back, sndmn11 put out a post in looking for a variety of 6.5 bullets to try for load development. I had a bunch lying around and I sent them to him to try. Now I'm getting a custom knife out of the deal. Roksliders rock! Maybe the country should take note of how things should work......

Randy
That is cool. You both ended up getting a lot more out of the exchange than if you had arranged the transaction beforehand. I truly enjoy grateful people.