This is why we cant have nice things

SWOHTR

WKR
Someone once said, “The best you can do with the press is break even.”

I see the wisdom in this musing more every day.

KHNC

WKR
I typically only shoot cats after the 3rd time i catch one walking on my truck or boat. But , the boat is in a garage now, so its safe.

Yoder

WKR
I've never seen a wolf in the wild. I'm sure she wasn't expecting a Husky. I can totally understand shooting it. The fact that she didn't know after walking up to it is hilarious. I would have loved to have seen her reaction when she realized it was a dog.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
One of the posts above has the shooter giving more “points” in her defense. I think she still claims she thought it was a wolf pup and that she was afraid because it was “growling howling and coming at me”. I’ve never seen a wolf in the woods, but I’m struggling to think that I would be afraid of a wolf pup. Maybe I’m just demonstrating my ignorance.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
If people really cared about their pets they would not let them wander all over hells half acre and shit in every ones sand box and gardens.

Truth. Neighbors won’t keep their cats out of my garden so I trapped them and relocated them to the woods. Unfortunately I doubted their ability to return home from miles away and they came straight back two days later haha. I didn’t have the heart to dispatch them but maybe next time. Cat owners are the worst people, thinking they can let them roam everyone else’s property without care.

KurtR

WKR
Truth. Neighbors won’t keep their cats out of my garden so I trapped them and relocated them to the woods. Unfortunately I doubted their ability to return home from miles away and they came straight back two days later haha. I didn’t have the heart to dispatch them but maybe next time. Cat owners are the worst people, thinking they can let them roam everyone else’s property without care.
My wife has a daycare and the state frowns on the kids playing with cat shit. I talked with the neighbors and they said cats need to get out at night. I returned them one time the next time I didn’t didn’t enjoy it but they forced my hand.

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
You know, every political battle fought these days is fought with money, not ideas. That is why I have been supportive of the "let's include everyone in hunting/trapping/fishing", the idea being that we are stronger together. Well, obviously the tree has grown a little out of control and is now in need of some pruning. Either we will police and handle this sort of thing "in house", or the media will pick it up and run with it like Leon Lett in a super bowl. Except they wont stop at the goal line. We will all lose hunting.

Apropos of nothing I'll share about a husky I had as a youngster. That little bugger would run away at any chance it had. Answer the door for the pizza man and he would blast through at full clip between your legs type of dog. Couple of times I would have shot that sob myself if given the chance. I tied it up once for just a minute and it chewed off the rope. Hours later I got a call and went to pick him up from a nearby trailer court. I found a man holding a dead rabbit and, I kid you not, crying. His kids were crying too. Turns out the mother had seen her kids playing with the husky in her yard and apparently thought that was a good idea so she left them alone. The kids liked the dog so much they decided to introduce him to their pet rabbit, an idea the dog agreed with. The mother told me that she heard screaming and saw the dog throw the rabbit in the air, catch it, shake and repeat. The little girl told me he took "Bunny" right out of her arms. I can only imagine Bunny's terror as they dragged it out of the cage! They are wild dogs at heart and mine would kill any other animal it could which included several pets I'm aware of. One time he ran away and I never saw him again. Maybe he's a rug on someone's wall right now...

As I understand it, the dogs were traditionally released to fend for themselves during summer months and had to feed themselves.