This is your guide. How much do you tip?

OP
Where's Bruce?
My hunt will rely on a predator call...like this:

(If you're in a hurry & wanna see the up close & personal action, you can FFW to 7mins)

I think that 2nd shot was a kill, just takes a bear all jacked up a little while to die. Big ole sack on that dude. I'm Tipping weight of bear and the underbritches idea is a Hilarious way of saying thank you!

atorres

FNG
Damn. I like to think of myself as a pretty decent rifle shot, and I'd never make that one.

That’s some good shooting by the guide! Definitely deserves a generous tip $$$ for doing his job and saving the hunter from getting mauled.

Flyjunky

WKR
That was an amazing video. The fact that he didn’t shoot the bear sooner is a testament him. Looked way to close when he came up that bank! That glock 20 I’ve been wanting seems pretty small after that video

I was just thinking the same thing! I just pulled up and read the old thread that Ryan Avery started about 9mm for bear defense. That video brings a lot of feelings about a handgun for defense.

I wonder if 1 or 2 rounds to the head would have dropped him?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’d tip him everything I could afford. On a separate note; as a bow hunter I feel like I’d be dissatisfied with the result of that hunt (other than not being mauled to death).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dissatisfied that you made two poor shots like that guy? That would be the only thing to be dissatisfied about. More to life than putting a bear in the P&Y book

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

blackdawg

WKR
My hunt will rely on a predator call...like this:

(If you're in a hurry & wanna see the up close & personal action, you can FFW to 7mins)

I have known this films producer/camera guy for 40 years, he has done some ignorant shit in his life,if he says it was intense, it was intense !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kountry Biscuit

Lil-Rokslider
That encounter could have gone way worse. Very fortunate that first shot out of the rifle punched the ticket.

1/2 my savings account. I had to go change my shorts after watching the video. I’ve posted numerous times that I’m convinced you can fatally shoot a bear and he’ll still have the time and inclination to rip your arm off and stuff it up your a** before he dies. Even a black bear.

Yes the guide did his job. It is part of the job. Definitely a nice tip! Xmas Card every year with a bottle of his favorite whiskey for sure!

So here is my question, anyone else notice or see she had a cub with her? Why shoot a female bear with a cub? Thought the idea was to kill a big boar. That cub without her is pretty much dead too. Big boar will eat that cub for a snack!

hikenhunt

WKR
Didn't even see the second bear until you mentioned it. Doesn't look like a cub to me though.

hikenhunt

WKR
That was a very well placed shot by the guide, no doubt he saved a horrible mauling for one of more of those guys

keller

WKR
I harvested a bear on Kodiak. Nearly same situation only I had a rifle.15 yds.first shot was money.he ran around in circles like a dog chasing his tail. Shot until empty .then reloaded.never shot again bear died in several minutes but seemed like a lifetime.never doubted myself. Instinct took over I didn't even think about it .it was me or him at that point.it could have gone wrong very easily.

bowmanch

FNG
First arrow appears to be a clean miss (low) and second arrow is a bit too far back and anything but a pass thru (musta hit bone cuz the bear is very close). This bear may not be mortally wounded. He is pissed and once he gets downwind, he wants payback. The guide nails the bear's CNS at the exact moment the head is down revealing the opportune shot. Cool under pressure, he stoically dispatches the brown bear a half second before taking a hit. I can watch this video 100 times. Pretty sure the client needed a base layer change. LOL

Grizzly is 10' 4" and over 1400lbs of fury...but the guide's balls were his equal. So what do you tip this guy? I'd feel obliged to send him a tip every year after cuz it was a year I wouldn't have had without him. Makes that sidearm you carry seem puny doesn't it?

That is a big bear!