This vs that release suggestions.

RyanM

Lil-Rokslider
Hey party people! I’m just looking for a real world release comparison, from people that have actually used the two. I’m currently using the Nock 2 it, but have been looking at the Stan Perfex Thumb for the modularity. Is it worth making the switch and trying the Stan?

Hey party people! I’m just looking for a real world release comparison, from people that have actually used the two. I’m currently using the Nock 2 it, but have been looking at the Stan Perfex Thumb for the modularity. Is it worth making the switch and trying the Stan?
Both are great releases. The perfex has a ton of modularity and options. I really liked being able to change the thumb barrel length, position, and thickness. In my experience they are equally as crisp and can both be set to zero travel with good tension adjustment. I prefer the long neck version of the perfex for the ability to hang it from the D-loop and not worry about it coming off. To help you answer your question though, is it worth it? Releases are such a personal preference that it's hard to tell for someone else. I say find a used one and try it, if it doesn't work for you sell it, they retain they're value fairly well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Both are great releases. The perfex has a ton of modularity and options. I really liked being able to change the thumb barrel length, position, and thickness. In my experience they are equally as crisp and can both be set to zero travel with good tension adjustment. I prefer the long neck version of the perfex for the ability to hang it from the D-loop and not worry about it coming off. To help you answer your question though, is it worth it? Releases are such a personal preference that it's hard to tell for someone else. I say find a used one and try it, if it doesn't work for you sell it, they retain they're value fairly well.

+1

I'm making the switch only becuase the stan fits better in my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I chose the Stan Element over the Silverback because of price and I wasn’t sure I’d like a 2-finger. My next progression from the resistance release was to a thumb and I chose the Stan SX3 Trio (over the Nock 2 It) as an extension of the Element. I wish Stan had their PerfeX’s at the time and I’d have gone that route. I’m too far invested now ( 1 Element, 2 SX3’s). All that to say, I’d go with the PerfeX. SX3 is nice though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
RyanM

RyanM

Lil-Rokslider

Yeah, the modularity idea is what peaked my fancy. Thanks.

Zac

WKR
I enjoy the finger separation between the first fingand the third finger on the Stan. This allows for a very consistent anchor if you use your jaw line for a reference. My biggest problems with hinges is that most of them have very slim necks which does not allow any separation of the fingers, and does not allow a tighter seal to the face with the release hand.

I enjoy the finger separation between the first fingand the third finger on the Stan. This allows for a very consistent anchor if you use your jaw line for a reference. My biggest problems with hinges is that most of them have very slim necks which does not allow any separation of the fingers, and does not allow a tighter seal to the face with the release hand.
Not sure if you've tried one yet but the Hinge from Ultraview has really good separation like the Stan releases do. I have noticed the same thing you did about the lack of separation with most hinges, the HBC from Tru Ball comes to mind. The Hinge pulling point is more over the middle finger than most hinges as well. It's a pricey release but I have sold all my other releases and even use it for hunting. I've been lucky enough to take three animals with it this year already.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if you've tried one yet but the Hinge from Ultraview has really good separation like the Stan releases do. I have noticed the same thing you did about the lack of separation with most hinges, the HBC from Tru Ball comes to mind. The Hinge pulling point is more over the middle finger than most hinges as well. It's a pricey release but I have sold all my other releases and even use it for hunting. I've been lucky enough to take three animals with it this year already.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using
What size from Ultraview do you like? And I’m assuming no click?

Zac

WKR

Interesting I was looking at it today and didn't think it looked like enough material. I do prefer hunting with a hinge over a tension release. My plan was to buy the Stan thumb button in the same configuration, yet I would much prefer a hinge.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
I believe it's a medium. I bought it before they had different sizes. It's big enough to use with a glove for me but I don't have big hands. Yes, no click.

Thank you! I’ve never tried a hinge but they are having a BF sale so I figured I’d grab one.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Thank you! I’ve never tried a hinge but they are having a BF sale so I figured I’d grab one.
Yeah I just picked one of the large Ultraview aluminums up with the BF sale. I use to use brass releases but carrying my release in my mouth while crawling through the dirt has made me reconsider the weight.