Thor sizing question

ncstewart

WKR
So the .500 loads really easy. Like kinda scares me that it won’t stay seated. But next size up take insane force. For sure couldn’t load after barrel fowled. So is this normal for full bore copper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
10-30lbs seating pressure. I can seat them with 1 finger on the end of the ramrod. When I seat them on the charge, I put my thumbs, one other the other and push down on the ramrod. They've always stayed put for me but any time i get off the atv to start my hike, I always check with conicals to make sure they are still seated.

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
Thanks. Ya I have never shot a full bore copper projectile and that just freaks me out how easy that Loads.

wernerjd

FNG
Same here. The first time I got them I had the same thing. The .500 went right down with very little pressure and the .501 was so tight I didn’t want to try it. Ended up with the .500 and the were able to take my first cow elk last year at 125 yards.

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
Same here. The first time I got them I had the same thing. The .500 went right down with very little pressure and the .501 was so tight I didn’t want to try it. Ended up with the .500 and the were able to take my first cow elk last year at 125 yards.

You shoot the 250 or 300? Also how did they group?

mvmnts

WKR
I bought the sizing set to setup my Knight Ultralite. The .501 seated with a little bit of friction and I thought they were good but I had no end of problems with them not firing. I think there was an issue with the pressure or something. The .502s are fairly tough to seat but they fire 100% of the time. So I wouldn't stock up on any size of bullet until you are SURE they are going to work.

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
I ended up going with lead bullets. Couldn’t get past the fit of copper. I’m sure they would shoot just fine but freaks me out. In lead bullets .503 were the ticket.