Those who favored Meindl Perfekt Hikers

Jethro

WKR
jgrg, I have worn the Comfort Lite Hikers everyday for work since I got them. Outdoor work on golf course. My opinion is they are just "ok". I don't find them nearly as comfortable as the regular hikers. I just came off an elk hunt in WY and wore Hikers (from Cabelas) everyday. These Lite Hikers don't feel as cushioned on footbed and I notice it after a long day at work.

One noticeable difference is the cork foot bed in these new ones have a spot right at the heel that the cork has been removed and replaced with foam. Now I don't know if this is specific to the "Lite" model or is something MeindlUSA is doing different vs. old Cabelas, but I don't like it as much as the full cork footbed. If their new model Hiker is the same way it would be a deal breaker for me.

Long story short: I wouldn't use the Lite Hiker as a hunting boot. Not even here in Pa. Certainly not outwest. For hunting I'd go with regular Hiker.

Turbo24

FNG
I purchased a pair of Perfekt Hunters from Cabelas before they were discontinued but purchased too wide a size (10.5 EE). They have less than 10 miles of hiking in them and are as-new condition. I listed them over on iFish and they are not selling. If anyone wants to take a look at the photos over there and let me know if you are interested. I am willing to willing to ship them to your door for $10 or less if the postage is less.
Calcoyote do you still have these boots?

Extrapale

WKR
I bought the Vacuum hunters and wore them a little in Colorado during 2nd season.

They are a sturdy boot. I usually wear Kenetrek HSH, and these Meindl are stiffer in the midsole and upper. I wore them with no break in and I didn't have any trouble. Also, great sidehill and uphill traction in snow.

However, that vacuum foam is hot and does not breathe. My feet would start sweating walking from the tent to the truck.

I am keeping them for cold weather boots.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I bought the Vacuum hunters and wore them a little in Colorado during 2nd season.

They are a sturdy boot. I usually wear Kenetrek HSH, and these Meindl are stiffer in the midsole and upper. I wore them with no break in and I didn't have any trouble. Also, great sidehill and uphill traction in snow.

However, that vacuum foam is hot and does not breathe. My feet would start sweating walking from the tent to the truck.

I am keeping them for cold weather boots.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I have been very pleased with the comfort fit hikers and the cork footbed. I’ve hiked in temps in the high 70s with no sweating issues and have stand hunted into the low 30s. Might feet got kind of cold but not cold enough to think about leaving. That’s a pretty versatile range in my opinion.

I’m glad I found this thread, I have been wanting to buy some replacements for my Meindls since bass pro ruined Cabela’s. I guess ill give the ones in the link a try.

ChrisS

WKR
I got some Vakuum hunters for this season and put 60-70 miles on them. I love them. The best boot I've found for my feet. The euro boots are typically a bit small for my size 11 just shy of EE feet (Lowa Tibet, Zamberlan, Hanwag, etc). Meindl USA says to size down, but I found the 10.5s too small and the 11s just a touch too big. I swapped out the stock insoles for some Timberland Pros which have a little volume. They've been everything I needed in a boot. I hunt the Adirondacks which are full of rocks, water, and trees - I don't think there's a flat spot anywhere and you're either crossing blowdown, or a boulder field covered with leaves, blowdown, and snow, or a hemlock choked swamp, or a muddy creek, or an icy rock-filled creek. Usually my feet would be done by mile 5 or so and I'd just tough it out the rest of the day. My feet never felt better until this season.

Diesel

WKR
Miendl USA told me they would be bringing a wider range of sizes for 2020. They have been good to deal with for me.

They are a new company and I am sure they will grow giving them the ability to work with Miendl. Just my thoughts.