Those who've packed meat w/ the Stryker

sivart

WKR
Has anyone hauled deboned meat w/ the stryker? Do you need more straps to secure the meat bags? I ask, because I rarely carry quarters. I almost always debone. Just wondering if it will be a shifty mess.

Tradchef

WKR
I don't have the Stryker but i do have the Cargo Panel which was before the stryker. I've carried a lot of deboned and bone in on elk and deer. I can fit a whole boned out regular size mulie, hide and head and have no issues on being floppy. I prefer bone in but you shouldn't have any issues with boned out. I use an OR Durable Drysack to put the meat bags in and that seems to help keep everything pretty tight. I always carry some extra straps just in case but I don't think i've ever used them. You should be fine.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I recently packed out a whitetail. You definitely need extra straps, unless you put in in something fairly ridged like Tradchef to help keep it from slipping out between the straps.

Powerman

FNG
Yes, packed out 3 elk this year deboned. The meat was in game bags and then a contractor bag. I did find that it worked ok without extra straps, but the meat did wasn’t to settle in the bottom of load shelf. That was my first attempt with the Stryker and have since added the meat bag from Kifaru and think that is going to work well with the stryker.

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
Packed out a whole boned-out buck in November in a Stryker. Worked perfect. The included straps are plenty. This was in Grakksaw game bags, nice tall, thin, rigid shape. They won’t deform like lesser bags. I believe that shape, also offered by T.A.G. and others, is crucial for boned-out meat to carry properly in a pack. Just loosen compression, slide it in, cinch it up, and start walkin’.

stump06

WKR
I have. I like the Kuiu boned out bags. They seem to keep the meat from becoming a ball in the bottom of your pack and falling out each side. The handles are also nice.

skierhs

WKR
I packed out a elk this Nov with the Stryker. More straps can help but wasn’t needed. I ran 8 total straps, three on each side and a pair on the top. Using the locking buckles I was able to keep everything very secure even when I took a spill at one point in the night. I connect the straps to the frame and then run the buckles connecting to the bag. This way it’s a fast transition from only holding the bag tight to putting all the pressure on the meat.