Thoughts about bison hunting

OP
JGBowman

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
I shot a cow with my bow on the Crow Indian Reservation in Montana. It was a tough hunt and it is a free-ranging herd.

It was more like a high country elk hunt, we were hunting them up around 9,000 Feet and they were quite wary.
They are getting more expensive all the time so if you are going to go, I would think about doing it sooner than later.

It was a quality experience and certainly not shooting fish in a barrel for sure.
Does the Crow Indian Reservation have a website? I seen they have a Facebook page. Was trying to look into the details and pricing.

WCB

WKR
Does the Crow Indian Reservation have a website? I seen they have a Facebook page. Was trying to look into the details and pricing.
yeah...$15,000 for a Trophy Bison hunt. Not sure on cows or if they allow it.

I wouldn't have a problem on a ranch hunt if it were a fairly large property and I was allowed to actually stalk them and not drive up to them in a ranch vehicle. I know there is a large Bison ranch in western S.D. that when I stopped to just look 2 or 3 bulls standing 100 yards off the road they took off running.

Now with that said I wouldn't make it seem like it was a "hunt" I want the meat, hide, skull, and shoulder mount of one. A bow would be different but even the free range hunts with a rifle don't seem to be that difficult for the most part.