Thoughts and Prayers for Colorado Front Range!

Titan_Bow

WKR
My wife and kids left our house about 3 hours ago and luckily got a hotel room. It doesn’t look like the fire is going to hit our neighborhood, but there are going to be thousands of people left without a home come morning.
Keep the Colorado front range in your thoughts and prayers tonight, and let’s hope there’s no loss of life tonight.

a0f4fb5254cda3913501b237d96e8c47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
That was an insanely fast mover. I hope your home survived.

Yep, we are by Lafayette and thankfully the fire didn’t spread any further East last night. Sounds like a lot of people lost homes though, Boulder county said they are anticipating about 1000 homes lost or significantly damaged.

Hopefully no lives were lost. Terrible sight to see this time of year.

Isn’t the first time subdivisions burned and won’t be the last. Pretty sad, but then again what are developers in the Wildland Urban Interface doing to help stop this madness of building in fire prone areas? Those houses are way too close to one another.

11boo

WKR
They just stack those homes so close there is no defense against a wind driven fire like that. Prayers to those affected.

street

WKR
They just stack those homes so close there is no defense against a wind driven fire like that. Prayers to those affected.
Yeah the flames were straight horizontal. Horrible event

SonnyDay

WKR
Pretty sad, but then again what are developers in the Wildland Urban Interface doing to help stop this madness of building in fire prone areas?
FWIW this was not the wildland urban interface… this was suburbs out on the plains—which is part of why it was so unexpected and tragic. Totally agree about how packed in those houses are. Nothing you can do with 100+ mph winds and fire… Hope the news on loss of life continues to be good.

Ucsdryder

WKR
105 mph firestorm is unstoppable.
Crazy stuff.
God Bless.
I saw a burned piece of cardboard land in the street by my house. We are 20-25 miles from the fires. The spacing of the houses had nothing to do with it. You can’t spread them out for enough to stop 100mph winds.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
My wife and kids left our house about 3 hours ago and luckily got a hotel room. It doesn’t look like the fire is going to hit our neighborhood, but there are going to be thousands of people left without a home come morning.
Keep the Colorado front range in your thoughts and prayers tonight, and let’s hope there’s no loss of life tonight.

a0f4fb5254cda3913501b237d96e8c47.jpg

Sad