Thoughts / Experience with Under Armor Hunting / technical clothes

id450

WKR
I have mostly FL gear a little Sitka and tad of kuiu. Mostly just buy what’s on sale. . Just curious about this brand, looking to take advantage of the sale code on Epic Outdoors.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbxl20

WKR
I have the UA ridge reaper pants. They fit well and are comfortable. A little bit heavier fabric than my FL corrugate guides but still stretchy. I wore them during turkey season this spring. I also wore them in my sleeping bag on an overnight trip and they were comfortable to sleep in. My Sitka ascent pants are still my go to for warm weather or hiking. I feel like the under armor would be better for thick brush out of the 3 tho.

I like a lot of their Ridge Reaper stuff if I don’t have to pay full price. Particularly the Gore wind stopper items

Drenalin

WKR
The UA stuff I've had moved moisture off my skin really well and breathed horribly. Durability is pretty good. Fit is pretty hit or miss. I think if you were coming from box store camo and cotton, you'd love it. But most of it will feel like a step back from First Lite because it is.

def90

WKR
Everything I have is UA and it works great for me. Have the lightweight pants that have the flex built in to the knees, a few underlayer ahirts and the newer hooded ridge reaper infil ops jacket, the quilted browtine jacket and the big puffy ridge reaper jacket.

Wore the InFil ops jacket while trout fishing a few weeks ago when it was raining all day and stayed dry underneath, the puffy jacket I’ve worn while flyfishing in Jan-Feb and stayed toasty warm, the brow tine jacket is a great as well. I just wish they would make the infil ops jacket in the forest camo as well instead of just the barren camo pattern. Same with some of the other stuff, would love to have the pants in forest camo as well.

Sandstrom

WKR
I am sure it is pretty good stuff, however I can’t get past the fact that they started as a underwear company!!! I sure wouldn’t be caught dead in a Hanes or Fruit of the Loom hoodie:)

Ryan

Gutshotem

WKR
I'm just here to say that the reason Maryland doesn't have statewide hunting on Sunday is because of Kevin Plank's lobbyist and the Maryland Horse Council.

The UA stuff I've had moved moisture off my skin really well and breathed horribly. Durability is pretty good. Fit is pretty hit or miss. I think if you were coming from box store camo and cotton, you'd love it. But most of it will feel like a step back from First Lite because it is.
Spot on. I've worn some of the UA base layers and pants. Thought it was nice until I went to Kuiu.

With their reduction in sponsorships and very limited product line, I would say the line is about done. Kip was the driving force behind UAHunt and Ridge reaper

I cant say ive ever been overly impressed with anything from UA Ive used, except the Infil Gore Windstopper series. Its the same material (gore infinium), inside and out, as the Sitka Jetstream. If you can find the Infil Pants in that solid green color, its an excellent mid to late season windblocker pant to pair with the Jetstream jacket or other wind blocking top. I have timberlines, mountains and a few other mid to late season pant and that UA infil pant is up there with any of them. Their boots though, are across the board terrible.

I still prefer the boxerjocks over anything else Ive used. Snag a bunch of them if all else fails.

I have a couple of sets of their softshell gear. It is fine. I used it for stand hunting for a while. I still wear the jackets from time to time. I agree it is a notch below the top brands but it works fine. The neon highlights are stupid.