Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Ram

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Ford

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

LineandBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Hoping this doesn’t get too messy with brand loyalty...

Objectively speaking, which of the big three is making the best heavy duty truck currently?

Not just the motor or the interior but the whole package.

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a Ford guy through and through and that will never change so that would be my choice. That being said I really really like the chevys alot

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

22lr

WKR
Ill be that guy... the base package Toyota Hilux Diesel is all I want in a truck. Drove one for a year through some insane conditions, burned jet fuel, handled -55 temps like a beast, ran er through a ton of creeks, and up some pretty crazy hillsides. Only failed me when I got er stuck in a 5ft snow drift... I wish I could have brought that truck home with me. That truck had been in the High Arctic running in those conditions for 8 years by the time I drove it... was still running strong 2 years after I left...

The top 3 put too many useless gee Wizz bang gadgets in em these days. I like basic, rugged and reliable. But maybe I'm the only one that thinks like that...

I would say anything but Dodge. I have a 2017 ram 2500. I had a dpf filter crap out right at warranty. They still charged me 300 bucks. I guess that was better than 3k. Cummins motor is good. The Dodge around it is average. My wife drives a 2015 Durango. I just sunk 3k fixing the faulty motor (rocker arms). I will never ever put another Dodge in my garage. I have zero faith in warranty and reliability to be honest. Truly awful customer service!

Ill be that guy... the base package Toyota Hilux Diesel is all I want in a truck. Drove one for a year through some insane conditions, burned jet fuel, handled -55 temps like a beast, ran er through a ton of creeks, and up some pretty crazy hillsides. Only failed me when I got er stuck in a 5ft snow drift... I wish I could have brought that truck home with me. That truck had been in the High Arctic running in those conditions for 8 years by the time I drove it... was still running strong 2 years after I left...

I feel I may have driven the same truck. Wasn’t on Baffin Island by chance?

Amazingly solid rigs, but the non-turbo motor in mine wasn’t quite as strong as the modern stuff.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I've driven a ram since 2007.. I bought a f250 this year.. with the 10 speed I get 21 mpg on the hwy running 70 to 75 mph.. I'm a diesel guy and if it's no 4x4 I don't want it.. The interior was nicer on the Ford and the ram dealers wouldn't deal at all ..

Afhunter1

WKR
I've owned a 2016 Chevy 2500 D-Max for 6 months now and all I can say is I will never own another gas truck!

Got 18 mpg avg running 85-95 to WY last week and power like you wouldn't believe. I have a 10K boat and you literally don't even know its along when its hooked up.

Chevy all the way!

11boo

WKR
All I can add is I’ll miss my 06 duramax when I sell it this year. 295k mostly trouble free miles. She is a tank, but something expensive is bound to fail soon, and I’m going back to a gas truck. I just don’t tow big stuff much anymore, and mine will sell for decent money. Seems plenty of guys want the pre-DEF diesel truck.

OP
LineandBuck

LineandBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of chevy love, I do like that new High Country trim they have. Does anyone have experience with the Ram Mega Cab though? the extra cab room is appealing with two kids and dogs etc..

FYI I keep hearing that the DEF will be eliminated in 2 yrs. If you can wait I would.

I have the Ram Mega Cab. I bought it when my kids got bigger. It is amazing for the family with tons of room. Also works awesome for hunting. Fold the back seat down and have lots of room for gear, guns, bows and ect.

The bigger RAM trucks are almost always rated as the least reliable of the 3. I’m 3 years into an F250 and only issue was I had to have the steering damper replaced. My next truck may be a GMC though.

mlgc20

WKR
I have a 2018 Ford F250 Platinum. And I've driven all of the 2020 versions mentioned above. IMO, you can flip a coin between Ford and Chevy. Ram is definitely 3rd. But, not by a huge margin.

rayporter

WKR
i have 2 rams. one is an '06 with almost 200,000 and the other is a 17 with just 39000.
the 17 is a great puller. we run the 06 as much as possible to keep miles off the new truck.
we got them because we got a great deal --read, cheap. i sold an 01 with 300000 on it after i got the 17.
a bud shoes horses and has an 01ram with 500,000 on it still going strong.

i dont care what the color or exterior looks like as long as the truck is reliable and does its job.
i have not been in a ford for a while and i used to be a ford man till the Navistar diesel went away.
i did ride in a chevy a short distance last year and it seemed like it would do the job.

22lr

WKR
Sorry, not to sidetrack the post. I just hate how much extra crap gets added to trucks these days. There is no reason a new basic Diesel should cost more than
I feel I may have driven the same truck. Wasn’t on Baffin Island by chance?

Amazingly solid rigs, but the non-turbo motor in mine wasn’t quite as strong as the modern stuff.

Close, across the bay in Northern Greenland.