Thoughts on 7mm-08 with 18” barrel and tikka action

OP
T

Tuby27

Lil-Rokslider
Chop the wsm down! If you want some pics mine is done. Still shoots 2800fps+ at 19in
Sure show some pics. But I’m not sure how mine would perform since it’s a fluted barrel. Tikka t3x stainless superlites from sportsman warehouse all have fluted barrels. I think maybe the last 2-3 inch of the barrel is not fluted. Being I’m in California, I’m limited to copper bullets for hunting so I’m probably going to use the Barnes LRX 175gr. Any idea how those would perform in a short barrel? 1:11 twist

OP
T

Tuby27

Lil-Rokslider
Bringing it back…any of you know the contour of a tikka ctr? I’m looking at a custom McGowan prefit and need to know which to buy that will fit in the ctr stock. Looking to get a Custom McGowan tikka prefit 7mm08 18”.
Thanks

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Sako Finnlight 7-08 with a 20” barrel. I hunt heavy bush and I liked that set up. I also have a Model 7 in 7-08 w/20”. It’s even more compact. I think anything under 40” total overall length is quite maneuverable. I had a T3 in 300wsm, the factory barrel was shortened to 20”. You don’t have to go with a aftermarket barrel if your rifle is already in 7-08.

OP
T

Tuby27

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Sako Finnlight 7-08 with a 20” barrel. I hunt heavy bush and I liked that set up. I also have a Model 7 in 7-08 w/20”. It’s even more compact. I think anything under 40” total overall length is quite maneuverable. I had a T3 in 300wsm, the factory barrel was shortened to 20”. You don’t have to go with a aftermarket barrel if your rifle is already in 7-08.
I have a used 6.5cm ctr coming in and wanting to rebarrel it to 7mm08 and keep the factory stock. I’m just wanting to know what barrel contour I should get to fit in the factory ctr stock. McGowan has 10% off going on now and may place an order for one.