Thoughts on best pack for a 4-5 day hunt.

hooker

Lil-Rokslider
I'm full bore Exo. Stone Glaicer next, Mystery Ranch hip belts suck under heavy loads. Exo material tougher than Stone Glaicer. Honestly I've always found the Kifaru guys so arrogant I've never considered one of their packs.

hooker

Lil-Rokslider
To the OP... will there be snow involved? 4800-5900 . Stone Glaicer solo 3300 used to suit me fine sept hunts. held weeks worth of gear and food. But if cold weather hits you'll need more room. EXO bro EXO

Sharpd53

FNG
Hello, I'm new to the site and I'm looking for suggestions as to which pack people are running and potentially why you went that route. My buddy and I are planning a 4 to 5 day pack in hunt. We will be staying in tents. Which is another topic on its own which one to choose there, but for now let's focus on packs. Any suggestions would be great. I know a good pack will be expensive, but I want something that will be comfortable too. Thanks in advance.
I just picked up the Kifaru 44 Mag. for a 4 day hunt. Seems to hold everything I need, but time will once I’m out and about.

ccampff

Lil-Rokslider
New to the site as well but I used a MR Beartooth 80 in Idaho last year hunting elk. Didn't have an issue getting 4-5 days worth of gear/food in there.

drewbie

FNG
I had a mystery ranch crewcab and I would use the pods to put in the center and that worked great especially for organizing but now i have a kifaru reckoning. its like a giant duffle bag on your back and I just got the pull outs to help with the organizing. can't go wrong with either brand.

Love my EXO 4800 , it’s plenty of space for 5 days and cinches down to nothing for daypack. The load shelf is super easy to access and doubles as my tree step and saddle carrier.

AkRyan

WKR
Just a heads up mystery ranch is all made overseas now and maybe sold out but not sure.

AkRyan

WKR
Is Kifaru the only company making their stuff in the US now?
I am not sure tbh I know mystery ranch makes the military stuff state sude because it is required by the government. They all say its a cost thing but what it really is is a profit margin thing. They like seeing 200% profits

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
Exo k3 4800, best pack I have used so far. Exo's customer service is awesome as well. Not to many Usa made small companies anymore and they are doing it right!

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
I'm full bore Exo. Stone Glaicer next, Mystery Ranch hip belts suck under heavy loads. Exo material tougher than Stone Glaicer. Honestly I've always found the Kifaru guys so arrogant I've never considered one of their packs.
The hip belt was the big difference I noticed between my exo and MR for my preference

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I think there are a TON of great packs on the market these days…but another SG suggestion here. A lot depends on if you’re solo or hunting with a buddy to split gear. But, instead if the 5900 I would suggest either the 6900 or 7900 on the X-curve. You aren’t sacrificing much on weight with either one, but you get a lot more flexibility. These still cinch down to nothing for day hunts, but what if you want to do a 10 day hunt in a few years…or what if you’re doing a solo 5-7 day hunt in bitter cold? I’m on the bigger is better team. These packs aren’t cheap, get one that’ll do it all. I did the opposite…started with the 5900, then ended up getting a 7900 as well. Love my 5900, but if I had it all to do over again I would have just started with the 69 or 7900 and been happy.

For context, I used my 5900 on a 6 day hunt in Alaska with temps down to the teens at night earlier this month. But, I was with a buddy and we split gear so I didn’t have a shelter or wood stove in my bag, and we didn’t need to bring water on the island…it was pretty damn full after food.

I’m with you here. I have a 7900 and it cinches right down. I wouldn’t bother getting a smaller pack. I can use this for an overnight or a week+ long trip.

dkracer45

FNG
Kifaru Hoodlum or Reckoning and don't look back. From dayhunts to 10 day hunts. You won't be disappointed. Personally i run the Hoodlum. My hunting buddy runs the Reckoning. If i wasn't using the Hoodlum. It would be the Reckoning.
Just ordered the Reckoning and very excited

Hello, I'm new to the site and I'm looking for suggestions as to which pack people are running and potentially why you went that route. My buddy and I are planning a 4 to 5 day pack in hunt. We will be staying in tents. Which is another topic on its own which one to choose there, but for now let's focus on packs. Any suggestions would be great. I know a good pack will be expensive, but I want something that will be comfortable too. Thanks in advance.
I have a KUIU 7000LT. Its awesome.