Thoughts on CA X9C for 2021

klxracer92

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted x9c last year and glassed up well over a dozen legal bucks during the season. I was able to get to 62 yards, but didn’t feel comfortable in the moment to send an arrow. I invested more than 7 days scouting. Definitely a difficult unit! The roads weren’t to bad. I was finding bucks anywhere from 8-12ft. I’m only going to have 3-4 days this season also because of school schedule. If you only have 3 days to hunt, I would focus somewhere closer. Good luck!

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else with an X9c tag still not filled? I went pre season and scouted a good area but getting in was real sketchy with a truck. Saw a doe and a lot of sign but no bucks. Area was pretty thick with lots kf running water and cover and rocks. Went last weekend for 3 days to hunt as well and saw two does on the drive up. Saw no deer while on foot. Got in pretty deep too. Same area lots of running water and cover and rocks no deer. Old sign only. Some snow on the ground and not a single track on top of the snow. Moved down about 1k and had a small maybe legal buck run across the road in front of me. By the time I grabbed my rifle and chased after it he was long gone. Sat the valley the buck ran in the next morning but saw nothing. Lots of sign on the hill I climbed to get to my glassing point though. Gonna head up this weekend if anyone wants to join. Would really like to fill my tag for the first time lol.

I filled my tag October 23. Spent two full days in an area that looked amazing, but saw zero does or bucks. Lots of sign though.

Switched it up, backpacked into a different area and saw bucks all over the place. This was right before the big storm last week.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Lucky man, any input you’re willing to share? 😅. Did you change elevation or just terrain type? Heading up there tomorrow. Feel free to PM too if you would rather do that.