Thoughts on cold weather whitetail system

Loughgear

FNG
Sorry for hijacking the thread but I figured this would be place to ask instead of making another. I’m trying to figure out what set to piece together next year, sept-late November, -10 to 60. The warm stuff I’m sure I can figure out, but I want to drop that kinda coin once and not regret it. Was thinking the stratus set with layering and the fanatic vest over during the cold days. I bow hunt only and will sit all day during the rut 8-10 hours in the stand.

H80Hunter

WKR
I think the fanatic is money from like 20-40 degrees. If you’re serious about 8 hours at 15 degrees I think you need the fanatic. So my recommendation:

Fanatic Jacket and Bibs
Stratus Jacket and Bibs

You should be able to do a lot with those pieces. If you can afford to add to that, I think in this order I would add Fanatic Vest, Celsius Midi, Equinox Midi Pants. Assuming you already have base layers you should be set.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I have both stratus and fanatic sets with several seasons of use in Michigan. Fanatic is very warm like you won’t want to use it over 40 deg warm but it’s very comfortable. Its good for me from 0-40 deg.
The Stratus when layered correctly is more versatile mid season from say 20-60 degrees but you’ll have to have solid midlayers like celsius and the fanatic vest to get it down comfortably in the 20-32deg range.
Also get the fanatic hoody with either set.
If you go fanatic you just wear the bibs in over a fanatic hoody and pack in the jacket. The bibs vent very well with 2 way full length side zips and the center zip so you can dump heat walking in.

pirogue

WKR
I added the newer, revamped, Fanatic jacket to my wardrobe this past season.

Fogalo

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt in Wisconsin, honestly I’m moving more towards electric stuff. Hunt starts with toe warmers. When those are dying off I switch to electric socks, then to heated insoles. Last from dawn to dusk without taking boots off. Heated Milwaukee tool vest is a great layer too.

kpk

WKR
I have the MT050 stuff. The parka is warm, but the bibs aren't. I try to tag out earlier so I don't have to freeze to death.

In all seriousness, the fanatic seems to be the best thing going. Otherwise one of the sleeping bag deals but they're heavy to pack in if you're going very far.

ZuluBravo

WKR
I have the Kuiu Gale Force set, very warm, wind proof but too load for bow hunting IMO.

Also have the First Lite Solitude set, for me it is good down to 25 or so degrees layering underneath. Definitely not wind proof. They are very quiet though.

Anyone try Badlands Pyre set? Thinking about snagging one up when the post their next 50% off coupon. $370 for waterproof insulated bibs and jacket seems hard to beat.

The stratus kit is my bread and butter. I wear it 80% of the season. I layerd my Stratus kit to the hilt and sat in 15 Degrees with wind for about 3 hrs and then it started to sink in and I got really cold.

I had the fanatic kit but sold It Cuz felt bulky and I hated the new 2020 collar

the incinerator is wicked warm with almost no layering. This is my late season go to. It’s not too bulky and pretty quiet.

the Sitka jackets are cut shorter than the FL stuff which I like. I’m not into the parka style that hangs low over your butt.

OP
T
I am going to give the heated vest a try. I love the idea of not having to wear super bulky clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
I am going to give the heated vest a try. I love the idea of not having to wear super bulky clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heated vests sandwiched between layers work well but use alot of battery power for hunting conditions. I have to carry two 10,000 mah batteries and only get about six hours of heat. I'm thinking about upgrading to fanatic or sancuary suit plus heated vest for below 20f treestand conditions.