Thoughts on Crispi Crossover Pro Light GTX boots?

TexDoc

Let me say upfront that I am a Crispi fan. I have a pair of Thor II GTX and a pair of Briksdal (NI) GTX and really like them both for different reasons, however, they are both incredibly stiff boots which are great for really rough terrain and side-hilling but I would like a less stiff boot for early season and for pack training. Does anyone have any good or bad to say about the Crossovers?

4rcgoat

I ran these for the first time during last year for archery season, absolutely love them,wore them for most of rifle until snow got too deep. I struggled with the lacing system at first but now love how you can put as much tension as you want in the lacing and it "locks" in place.Im using them again this year for hiking and training and will purchase another pair soon.

zekesteve

Let me say upfront that I am a Crispi fan. I have a pair of Thor II GTX and a pair of Briksdal (NI) GTX and really like them both for different reasons, however, they are both incredibly stiff boots which are great for really rough terrain and side-hilling but I would like a less stiff boot for early season and for pack training. Does anyone have any good or bad to say about the Crossovers?
Similar,,,,but different. I'm a Crispi fan as well. I love my Wyoming GTX and my Attiva, so 3 months ago I ordered a pair of Crossover with the expectation of wearing them around camp as a break from my Wyomings. Around the house they work fine for me but when the terrain was not so consistent, they didn't. Just don't seem to fit well around my ankle to the point I'm probably going to sell them and try a different Crispi model. Fit and finish are great, the quality is obviously there but for me, the comfort isn't (like I said, in rougher terrain). Just my opinion

7718Sallee

I’m on my second pair of crossovers I wear them as tennis shoes or doing most anything until they got to dingy. then i wore them for work for like 6 months until they finally gave up. They don’t have much ankle support the lacing and tongue are a little weird at first but no problem once you get the hang of it. they took the longest to break in typically crispi boots are out of the box comfortable for me but both pairs of crossovers took a couple weeks.

Jimss

I just bought Monocos which are close to the Crossovers. They are low-cut similar to the monocos but I'd say they are still a little stiff. If you take a look at Crispi's flex rating chart it compares all of their boots. The Thors are about their lightest and highest flex rated boots. I doubt if you will get much more flex than the Thors in any of Crispis line of boots.

Lookout85

I have them and like the fit/function once they are on my feet. Comfortable, light, and seem like they will be durable. Lacing & tongue setup is just weird. It works and I am used to it but can’t figure out why they made it so funky.

Stwrt9

I was in the same boat as you with the Thor and Briksdal being my go to for the mountains as I prefer a stiffer boot. However, I decided to try something less stiff for everyday early season use. I had the Crossovers and liked them at first but the ankle support just wasn't there. I ditched the Crossovers for the Lapponia's and have not regretted it one bit.

OP
TexDoc

TexDoc

I just bought Monocos which are close to the Crossovers. They are low-cut similar to the monocos but I'd say they are still a little stiff. If you take a look at Crispi's flex rating chart it compares all of their boots. The Thors are about their lightest and highest flex rated boots. I doubt if you will get much more flex than the Thors in any of Crispis line of boots.
Actually, the THORs are on the higher end of the stiffness scale (4 out of 5). The Monacos are only rated as a 2 out of 5 but I think in general Crispi boots are pretty stiff.

OP
TexDoc

TexDoc

I ended up getting the Crossovers and so far I like them, definitely more flex to them. I've had them for about 10 days now and worn them every other day. I agree with Lookout85, the tongue system is different and the lacing is a little awkward (compared to other Crispis) but the comfort is pretty solid for a knock-around boot. I haven't tried carrying any real weight in them yet as I wanted to break them in a little with just everyday use.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnHtr