Thoughts on Crispi Crossover Pro Light GTX boots?

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Let me say upfront that I am a Crispi fan. I have a pair of Thor II GTX and a pair of Briksdal (NI) GTX and really like them both for different reasons, however, they are both incredibly stiff boots which are great for really rough terrain and side-hilling but I would like a less stiff boot for early season and for pack training. Does anyone have any good or bad to say about the Crossovers?

4rcgoat

WKR
I ran these for the first time during last year for archery season, absolutely love them,wore them for most of rifle until snow got too deep. I struggled with the lacing system at first but now love how you can put as much tension as you want in the lacing and it "locks" in place.Im using them again this year for hiking and training and will purchase another pair soon.

zekesteve

FNG
Let me say upfront that I am a Crispi fan. I have a pair of Thor II GTX and a pair of Briksdal (NI) GTX and really like them both for different reasons, however, they are both incredibly stiff boots which are great for really rough terrain and side-hilling but I would like a less stiff boot for early season and for pack training. Does anyone have any good or bad to say about the Crossovers?
Similar,,,,but different. I'm a Crispi fan as well. I love my Wyoming GTX and my Attiva, so 3 months ago I ordered a pair of Crossover with the expectation of wearing them around camp as a break from my Wyomings. Around the house they work fine for me but when the terrain was not so consistent, they didn't. Just don't seem to fit well around my ankle to the point I'm probably going to sell them and try a different Crispi model. Fit and finish are great, the quality is obviously there but for me, the comfort isn't (like I said, in rougher terrain). Just my opinion

I’m on my second pair of crossovers I wear them as tennis shoes or doing most anything until they got to dingy. then i wore them for work for like 6 months until they finally gave up. They don’t have much ankle support the lacing and tongue are a little weird at first but no problem once you get the hang of it. they took the longest to break in typically crispi boots are out of the box comfortable for me but both pairs of crossovers took a couple weeks.

Jimss

WKR
I just bought Monocos which are close to the Crossovers. They are low-cut similar to the monocos but I'd say they are still a little stiff. If you take a look at Crispi's flex rating chart it compares all of their boots. The Thors are about their lightest and highest flex rated boots. I doubt if you will get much more flex than the Thors in any of Crispis line of boots.

Lookout85

FNG
I have them and like the fit/function once they are on my feet. Comfortable, light, and seem like they will be durable. Lacing & tongue setup is just weird. It works and I am used to it but can’t figure out why they made it so funky.

Stwrt9

WKR
I was in the same boat as you with the Thor and Briksdal being my go to for the mountains as I prefer a stiffer boot. However, I decided to try something less stiff for everyday early season use. I had the Crossovers and liked them at first but the ankle support just wasn't there. I ditched the Crossovers for the Lapponia's and have not regretted it one bit.

OP
TexDoc

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought Monocos which are close to the Crossovers. They are low-cut similar to the monocos but I'd say they are still a little stiff. If you take a look at Crispi's flex rating chart it compares all of their boots. The Thors are about their lightest and highest flex rated boots. I doubt if you will get much more flex than the Thors in any of Crispis line of boots.
Actually, the THORs are on the higher end of the stiffness scale (4 out of 5). The Monacos are only rated as a 2 out of 5 but I think in general Crispi boots are pretty stiff.

OP
TexDoc

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up getting the Crossovers and so far I like them, definitely more flex to them. I've had them for about 10 days now and worn them every other day. I agree with Lookout85, the tongue system is different and the lacing is a little awkward (compared to other Crispis) but the comfort is pretty solid for a knock-around boot. I haven't tried carrying any real weight in them yet as I wanted to break them in a little with just everyday use.

Clarktar

WKR
I've probably 150 miles on mine, mostly in fall/winter. They hold up great and I like the flexibility. Zero issues hiking in snow (no wet feet) but ambient is usually close to mid teens at the warmest so it's dry cold snow. These are my go to boot for lots of training and just rec hiking. Haven't used them with really heavy loads. I like more ankle support when the pack gets over 60 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4rcgoat

WKR
I have 3 pairs of Crispi boots and the crossovers are hands down the most comfortable. Im still wearing the pair i bought in early 2000,lots of mountain miles and they are still in great shape, they run true to size for me.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Maybe its the narrow-isn toe box, but I found these a bit tight at true size. Going up a 1/2 and seeing if they fit me better.

Was surprised how solid they feel. Was thinking they would trend more hiker, but IMO, they trend stiffer than that. Wondering if they break in and get looser, more flex?

.50 CAL

FNG
I’m looking to pick up a pair of these for fishing/camping/riding and day hikes with the wife and kids. I found a used (new) pair for $100 but they are 1/2 size too big for me. Wondering if for the price they’d be fine for some casual use.

Vandy321

WKR
Any considering these, just my opinion, but size down 1/2 size.

I didn't save the pic before I returned the original pair, but outsole to outsole these in a size 10 are >1/2" longer than my Colorado and briksdal in size 10. They are also 1/2 size larger (at least) on the inside compared with same insole and socks.

Crispi and Black ovis told me multiple times to snag my same size, it didn't come close for me, returned gor a smaller size. I'm a 10 in anything and everything i wear, except the Crossover..

Last edited:

Vandy321

WKR
Any considering these, just my opinion, but size down 1/2 size.

I didn't save the pic before I returned the original pair, but outsole to outsole these in a size 10 are >1/2" longer than my Colorado and briksdal in size 10. They are also 1/2 size larger (at least) on the inside compared with same insole and socks.

Crispi and Black ovis told me multiple times to snag my same size, it didn't come close for me, returned gor a smaller size. I'm a 10 in anything and everything i wear, except the Crossover..
To add a lirtle proof..my briksdal came with a insole stamped 43 euro, as is labeled on the tongue 43 = 10 in crispi.

My size 9.5 crossovers just showed up with the same 43 stamped I sole as my 10 briksdal...as well as size 10 trimmed sheep feet fit perfectly into 9.5 crossovers.

Fwiw.

Love the boot though, ultra comfortable. Muchore stable than I'd expected.

Reviving the thread!

What has been your experience with the breathability of these boots? I’m looking for early season/warm weather boot that breathes. I sweat my a$$ off in most GTX lined boots. I’m thinking the Crossover’s might be better in that regard than other lined boots. Thoughts?