Thoughts on helix ultra 80#

Coleman51

FNG
Just curious on everyone’s thoughts on helix ultra with 80# limbs I can get a hell of a deal on one but I’m hesitant currently shooting a carbon defiant

I think 80# is way overbowing 90% of archers and not needed for most all situations.

This coming from someone who has used one.

Unfortunately with a wave of high poundage bows recently on social media I suspect it will be all the rage this summer.

I did find the helix ultra to be a really easy drawing bow, however the performance was reflecting of it. Tuned alright and was forgiving tho. Night and day difference from a carbon defiant. I grew to hate that bow.

I had the helix ultra. Great bow. Certainly not a speed bow by any means. If you don’t mind the weight, I’d go for it.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Definitely a huge upgrade for you. You can always back it down to 70 or 75, so I wouldn't worry about the weight.

I think 80# is way overbowing 90% of archers and not needed for most all situations.

This coming from someone who has used one.

Unfortunately with a wave of high poundage bows recently on social media I suspect it will be all the rage this summer.

I did find the helix ultra to be a really easy drawing bow, however the performance was reflecting of it. Tuned alright and was forgiving tho. Night and day difference from a carbon defiant. I grew to hate that bow.
I am shooting 62 lbs, I’m not a huge guy but I would like to see some of these guys shooting 80lbs draw it back smooth when a deer or elk is 20 yards away on high alert and a quarter of the way through your draw they pick there head up and you gotta hold it for 20 secs and then finish your draw and it’s 10 degrees out. Maybe they can do it…

Marble

WKR
I ended up picking it up. Thanks guys and I agree that there is no NEED for 80lbs but I’m very capable of it so why not? Anyway should be sweet thanks again!
Good for you!

When you get it dialed in I would be curious to know your set up and speed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
C

Coleman51

FNG
Good for you!

When you get it dialed in I would be curious to know your set up and speed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
This took a while haha my bad…… anyway got it set up with the spot hogg, vapor trail limb driven rest, and quivizer. 29.5” draw pushing a 520gr arrow setup at 80lb draw weight (haven’t choreographed it) but I can tell you at 25 yards frontal shot it’ll send that arrow from the front of the chest to the rear quarter on a bull elk. I’ve been really impressed with the bow, it’s not the lightest however it’s very nice to shoot.