Thoughts on NEMO Disco 15?

Thinking about getting one for upcoming Sept elk hunt in Oregon. I’m a side sleeper so I love the idea of the design. Any of you have experience with it? Thanks!

I have a forte. Same design in synthetic. I am a bigger guy with 48” shoulders. Side sleeper.

shoulder girth is good but not oversized.
knee girth is great
bag has some extra room in the feet and knees. Feels great for kicking around a bit but probably hits thermal efficiency in some way. Gills are a little gimmicky.

overall I like mine. If I had one gripe it would be a bit more shoulder girth.

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
I have a disco 15 and like it a lot. I’ve used it the past 2 seasons and prefer it over my slick bag. The extra room allows me to toss and turn a little more freely. It’s also lite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
actually looking at the same bag as most of my bags are more car/truck camping bags, where weight wasn't a concern. anyone know how these bags work with bigger guys? says 64" at the shoulders, I have a 50" chest so I am a bit concerned there might not be a lot of shoulder room.

actually looking at the same bag as most of my bags are more car/truck camping bags, where weight wasn't a concern. anyone know how these bags work with bigger guys? says 64" at the shoulders, I have a 50" chest so I am a bit concerned there might not be a lot of shoulder room.

i am 6’3 250#. Wear a 48-50 long coat. Physique is 70% crossfit and 30% dad bod. I have the Nemo forte. As I said above, the lower half is super roomy. Plenty of room to kick around and sleep on my side with my legs drawn up. Shoulders are good for room but not great. Much better than north face and some other “big name” commercial bags I have used. On par with big Agnes IMO. The only bag I own with more shoulder room is a (semi) custom enlightened equipment convert. If I was looking for a Synthetic bag, the forte, EE, big Agnes and kifaru slick bag Seem to be the top choices. Western mountaineering seems to be the best down option.

Gapmaster

WKR
I bought my wife the Forte 20 this year for a 10 day trip and she loves it. Got the men’s version to give myself another option on backpacking bags. Seems to have plenty of room. I’m 6’1” 220 lbs and I felt there was adequate room. That being said I generally use a BA Summit Park 15 for backpack elk. It has a ton of room and is super comfortable. Just another option for ya.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
i am 6’3 250#. Wear a 48-50 long coat. Physique is 70% crossfit and 30% dad bod. I have the Nemo forte. As I said above, the lower half is super roomy. Plenty of room to kick around and sleep on my side with my legs drawn up. Shoulders are good for room but not great. Much better than north face and some other “big name” commercial bags I have used. On par with big Agnes IMO. The only bag I own with more shoulder room is a (semi) custom enlightened equipment convert. If I was looking for a Synthetic bag, the forte, EE, big Agnes and kifaru slick bag Seem to be the top choices. Western mountaineering seems to be the best down option.
Good to hear, very similar body type, always worried about getting enough shoulder room, as.i don't like to be snug in my sleeping bags. But space/weight is the concern here.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
I bought my wife the Forte 20 this year for a 10 day trip and she loves it. Got the men’s version to give myself another option on backpacking bags. Seems to have plenty of room. I’m 6’1” 220 lbs and I felt there was adequate room. That being said I generally use a BA Summit Park 15 for backpack elk. It has a ton of room and is super comfortable. Just another option for ya.
Ah yes big Agnes, I have one of their Hyde park bags for when I would winter camp. Probably the warmest bag I have ever used. Never thought to check them for warmer weather bags. Hmm .

Gapmaster

WKR
Ah yes big Agnes, I have one of their Hyde park bags for when I would winter camp. Probably the warmest bag I have ever used. Never thought to check them for warmer weather bags. Hmm .

I really like mine. It’s a system bag and doesn’t have insulation in the bottom. The sleep pad takes care of your insulation. It really helps with lightening the bag up.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
How small does the BA summit pack down?

My BA whiskey park (thought it was a Hyde park) is pretty much car/base camping or for when I go snowshoeing in the winter with a sled behind me. That sucker packs way to big/heavy to be backpack useable.

Gapmaster

WKR
How small does the BA summit pack down?

My BA whiskey park (thought it was a Hyde park) is pretty much car/base camping or for when I go snowshoeing in the winter with a sled behind me. That sucker packs way to big/heavy to be backpack useable.

My Summit Park 15 is 600 down tek and weights 4. 3 lbs I believe. Its not super light but not heavy either. I put it in a Sea to Summit water proof compression sack and it gets down to a little smaller than a basketball. Obviously the mummies compress alot more but I can't stand to be confined when I sleep. My wife's Nemo Forte 20 compresses a little bit smaller than the BA. I haven't tried the Forte on an extended trip so I'm partial to the BA. I've used it multilple trips and slept in it down in the 20s with only socks on. I was impressed with the warmth for a 15 degree bag.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
My Summit Park 15 is 600 down tek and weights 4. 3 lbs I believe. Its not super light but not heavy either. I put it in a Sea to Summit water proof compression sack and it gets down to a little smaller than a basketball. Obviously the mummies compress alot more but I can't stand to be confined when I sleep. My wife's Nemo Forte 20 compresses a little bit smaller than the BA. I haven't tried the Forte on an extended trip so I'm partial to the BA. I've used it multilple trips and slept in it down in the 20s with only socks on. I was impressed with the warmth for a 15 degree bag.
Thank you sir! That's a manageable load IMO! Much lighter/smaller pack weight then my whiskey park!

I have a disco 15 and like it a lot. I’ve used it the past 2 seasons and prefer it over my slick bag. The extra room allows me to toss and turn a little more freely. It’s also lite.

Yeah, that's right. Disco 15 is great

JDMBEND

Lil-Rokslider
Is the Disco 15 discontinued? Can find one in stock anywhere.

I have the Men’s Riff 15 and I love it. Lightweight and extremely warm. Plus, I’m a side sleeper, and I’ve got plenty of room

curt514

FNG
I am running a Sea To Summit Ascent. The fact that it will zip all the way open like a quilt is really nice on warmer nights.

It is great for space in the shoulders. Better than the Nemo bags that I tried at REI. The other option that I almost went with was the REI Igneo

The REI is bigger than the Sea To Summit but if i remember correctly it was a little heavier also. Either would be my recommendation for shoulder space.