Thoughts on original Remington Ti 7-08

Vagrouser

FNG
Kind of an impulse buy. I handled one about 10 years ago in 30-06 and remembered being impressed. I've got a BC goat hunt coming up and was planning to take a new Mountain Ascent in 308 and still probably will, but this short action Ti 7-08 popped up on GB and I figured I'd play with both and keep/use my favorite.
From a spec standpoint the Kimber looks like the better rifle, but sometimes that's not the whole story. I'm not sure I want to spend the additional money on the Ti but gather I can shed some further weight swapping the B&C stock for a McM edge and buying a lightweight shroud.
There still seems to be some love for these rifles given the bidding...

bates

WKR
I wish I still had mine

Shot 120g ttsx decent enough been too long to remember.

Great little gun. I've been thinking of trying to find one myself If you sell please pm me

OP
V

Vagrouser

FNG
Bates,
That's a good endorsement and I'm eager to get my hands on this. My first centerfire rifle was a 7-08 in the 788 Remington. I remember it punched above its weight on our Virginia whitetail and killed them as dead as my later '06.
If i decide however not to keep it I'll let you know.

16Bore

WKR
Probably one of the better "packages" out there. I'd prefer it to my XCRII 7RM.

Rolando

FNG
I bought one last year, and it has spoiled me. I usually carry heavy, suppressed guns for whitetails, but carrying this little thing was a nice change though my ears didn't appreciate it. I haven't done any load development yet; I just bought a box of 120gr Barnes Vor-tx, sighted it in, and went hunting. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of accuracy I can squeeze out of it.
700ti.jpg
Shown equipped with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40CDS, Butler Creek caps, Talley rings, and claw sling.
700ti2.jpg

Last edited: