Thoughts on rings

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking of the ARC M-brace or the Vortex PMR/seekins rings or Hawkins with the level.

I like the idea of the M-brace but with so many of the “better” rings, there are multiple screws rather that the 1 M-brace uses.

What do you think is the better option of these? Thoughts on the level included in the Hawkins?
Any others I should consider?

Last edited:

Xycod

Lil-Rokslider
All are top end in my experience, the vortex/seekins should save you a few bucks and are the same quality. There’s also spuhr, tier one, badger, contessa, mdt, element, Nf, and mark 4 rings to name a few. Also if you need levels, tier one, contessa, mdt, all come with integrated levels.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
TPS XTR rings are also super nice if used on a picatinny rail ONLY also. The super lows are .820. They are about the same price as Seekins. Around $130 at MidwayUSA. I also like Contessa but they are a bit tall if you want lows.

Xycod

Lil-Rokslider
Forgot about tps, great rings and they have them currently on sale for 30mm lows on the tps website, I’m thinking they’re under $60.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Those are the 6061 rings for Weaver bases...Single lug but a good price

Oops the ones on sale are the TSR rings and those are 7075/Picatinny. Tall though for lows.

These are the new ones for Weavers bases....They look like XTR rings.
The S-Lows are .820

Contessa Light Weights are about $85 at EuroOptics. They are excellent rings if not too tall for you AND you want picatinny only. Double lug and 7075. Ive got a set of the 1" lows.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies. This will go on a defiance ruckus action in 300 win mag. Proof cf sendero barrel with nightforce nxs c429 (30mm). I am waiting on the stock and action to get the rings. I was as low as possible. I have read I need at least .885 height. I will probably order a couple and return the one I don’t need.

Lawnboi

WKR
I’d go with the arc rings. Having owned/own Hawkins and seekins. They are both good rings but the arc is a better mouse trap imo. Easier install, and very solid.

I dislike levels being mounted on caps. They are non adjustable and on the Hawkins are directly in the way of the turret. When I had Hawkins I ended up buying another bare top cap.

OP
B

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
I’d go with the arc rings. Having owned/own Hawkins and seekins. They are both good rings but the arc is a better mouse trap imo. Easier install, and very solid.

I dislike levels being mounted on caps. They are non adjustable and on the Hawkins are directly in the way of the turret. When I had Hawkins I ended up buying another bare top cap.
I am between ARC and vortex PMR. I ruled out the level on the rings for that very reason.

Hawkins makes an offset level now for both the Ultra-light and Heavy Tactical rings. It’s my preferred integrated ring/level combo.

OP
B

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies. This will go on a defiance ruckus action in 300 win mag. Proof cf sendero barrel with nightforce nxs c429 (30mm). I am waiting on the stock and action to get the rings. I was as low as possible. I have read I need at least .885 height. I will probably order a couple and return the one I don’t need.
I finally got to build my 2 guns. I went ARC for both and the install was fantastic. The scope never moved while tightening the screw. I am sold.

SDHNTR

WKR
I love the ARC rings for their easy install qualities. They are rock solid. Leveling a reticle is super easy with them, way easier than anything else. They use one big screw at 55” lbs. It holds just fine. Probably better than your typical small multiple screws at 15-20” lbs.

I have installed a bunch of them but I also had a couple sets that were binding on the scope tube. One just a bit and the other a lot. Uninstalled, the ring would press onto and hold onto the scope tube, clamp open and you literally had to shake or rap the scope on your hand to pop the ring off. They went back. To be fair, it could have been the scope tube, but that same scope went into Nightforce rings just fine.