Thoughts on splitting 9 points

Jacack

WKR
I have had a bunch of years I wasn't able to goat hunt in wy so I have 9 points now never planned to have this many but now I do.

I am contemplating taking someone who has no points or even thought about taking two guys with no points.

Am I crazy to do so ? Should I just take my 9 and go for the "best" unit I can draw.

I know good goats come from all over and tend to think taking just one guy would be my best option but curious what others think.

Trial153

WKR
You can draw some units with good access in the regular draw at 4.5, if you have someone you wanted to share the hunt with why not

handwerk

WKR
I'll second that you can get into some good units with 4.5, My two boys and I shared our points with my daughter this year, so we all had 4.5 and had a great hunt together.

bdan68

WKR
I'd split with one other but not two others.

4.5 is just barely enough to get into a good area with plenty of public land.

You might consider paying extra for the special draw, and ask your partner to pay the difference. That would easily get you into a better area with more public land. You've got $270 in points so I think that would be fair. It would be $288 extra for each license.

338maker

WKR
Anymore hunting alone for me just isn't as fun as sharing it with a great friend!!! do it and in the long run youll be happy you did !!

Selway

FNG
9 points in the special draw can get you a truly incredible, once in a lifetime type hunt. I personally think you'd be nuts to pass on that opportunity. With point creep the units you're looking at now will take 20 points by the time you can draw again.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
9 points in the special draw can get you a truly incredible, once in a lifetime type hunt. I personally think you'd be nuts to pass on that opportunity. With point creep the units you're looking at now will take 20 points by the time you can draw again.

I was thinking that. But my neighbor took me to his property in mo for whitetail this year and it was a great hunt.

bdan68

WKR
I was thinking that. But my neighbor took me to his property in mo for whitetail this year and it was a great hunt.

In that case I'd definitely repay the favor by sharing your points with him. Like I said before though, it might be worth the extra $288 per license to apply in the special.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
Just talked to him and he told me he has two points, knew he had a few for deer but didn't realize he had lope points. 11 between us will get us a good hunt.

Trial153

WKR
Just talked to him and he told me he has two points, knew he had a few for deer but didn't realize he had lope points. 11 between us will get us a good hunt.
Go for it. One good turn deserves another. Good juju