Thoughts on the new Bronco?

Ive had several Broncos over the years. I mostly like what they have come out with. Wouldn't jump for the sport though. The full sizes look impressive though.

btindall

FNG
I also put a deposit for the 1st edition. Since these all were rendered models of the production ones will see if the style changes a bit when they start rolling off next year.

It is a "no go" due 1) Ford Foundation being for defunding policy and 2) Ford employees wanting to no longer production vehicles for the police. Thankfully senior management said they'll continue to produce cars for the police but are open to suggestions to appeasing their employees.

mlgc20

WKR
Unfortunately, I was disappointed. My 1987 Bronco was one of my favorite vehicles ever (until my wife sent if flipping 3 times, taking out a fence and telephone pole). So, I was hoping for the new Bronco to look like the late 80's/early 90's version of the original. I wasn't looking for the child of a Land Rover and Jeep Wrangler. It looks like it will be very capable off-road. But, it's just not for me. I will stick with my F250.

If I didn't need a truck for work, I'd get one.

But since I need a truck, I'm considering upgrading to the '21 F150 hybrid next year.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I think it smokes the wrangler in every way. Looks mean also. My disappointment is it appears to be essentially the same size as a wrangler. I was hoping it would be a bit bigger. I love my 4runner, goes almost everywhere I could take my 06 LJ. Bronco is at the top of the list to replace it in a few years. I hope they made it so it can be flat towed behind a pickup. That is a big benefit of the Jeep.

We own a 4R and JK Rubicon, but watching it for the next year or two to replace the Wrangler. The on road characteristics of the Jeep have gotten old.

Aren't they coming with 35's from the factory? The fact that you are getting a warranty on something with tires that big makes it appealing. However I'm cheap and won't be purchasing one.

TBHasler

WKR
It is a "no go" due 1) Ford Foundation being for defunding policy and 2) Ford employees wanting to no longer production vehicles for the police. Thankfully senior management said they'll continue to produce cars for the police but are open to suggestions to appeasing their employees.

Seems like they could appease those employees by showing them the door and referring them over to the Chevy plant

i love it. they incorporated some of the old bronco look into what looks like a pretty good off road vehicle with modern cool shit. go check out maxlider and see what they are already doing with the new bronco. it is really badass.

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
I'm liking it. Won't be able to pay the 50k for one though. Just going by stats I think it beats the wrangler in every way but one, front suspension articulation/travel. Wrangler still beats it there.
I think they actually did a good job modernizing it while still keeping the lines of the original.