Thoughts on the new Bronco?

One important thing for me will be room chains on the front. That's one area where the JK does well and the 4R doesn't.

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
It is a "no go" due 1) Ford Foundation being for defunding policy and 2) Ford employees wanting to no longer production vehicles for the police. Thankfully senior management said they'll continue to produce cars for the police but are open to suggestions to appeasing their employees.
The Ford Foundation is no longer associated with the Ford family or Ford Motor Company in any way, other than they share the name.

I'm not a Ford fan, but much liked my pursuit rated explorer vs the charger I had for years.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DESERT ED

FNG
I like it. 35s and a manual transmission. If I didn’t need a truck I’d be really wanting one. Definitely going to be popular.

tdhanses

WKR
Unfortunately, I was disappointed. My 1987 Bronco was one of my favorite vehicles ever (until my wife sent if flipping 3 times, taking out a fence and telephone pole). So, I was hoping for the new Bronco to look like the late 80's/early 90's version of the original. I wasn't looking for the child of a Land Rover and Jeep Wrangler. It looks like it will be very capable off-road. But, it's just not for me. I will stick with my F250.

Looks more to me like an original from the 60’s, I think they did a great job.

CiK01

WKR
Take my money......someday!

My first car was a Ford Mustang (thanks mom/dad), but all my early driving memories were of my dad's 1978 Ford Bronco.

I can't wait to see these on the road, and hopefully have one in the driveway someday......4-door, family version.

Maybe my view is jaded as a 75 Bronco owner and 90 Wrangler owner but am am about as disappointed as I was with the JK/JL wranglers. What made Jeeps and Broncos fun back in the day is they didn't come with a lot options and they were cheap/would go anywhere due to short wheelbase and anybody could work on them..I dont see the new Jeeps or Broncos fitting that bill...60k for a V6? Plus all that fancy tech doesnt help it all you dont know how to keep it running on the trail.

If you like it get one...I would rather add an extra 10k to the sticker price and get a real nice 7.3 F250...YMMV

I like it a lot. Not enough to pull my cyber deposit but it’s a good looking rig and looks very capable. I think they did a good job so far.

gearguywb

WKR
I think the Wrangler finally has some real competition. Jeep has sat on their collective rear ends for long enough. A little competition is good for everyone.

All these "off-roaders" that need a computer science degree to work on.....

Only ones that interest me are the base model for stick shift and the black diamond. All the others seem like overpriced grocery getters. Exactly what the wrangler has turned into.

Really like the "highly customizable with factory-backed accessories" :ROFLMAO: $$$$$

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
It is a "no go" due 1) Ford Foundation being for defunding policy and 2) Ford employees wanting to no longer production vehicles for the police. Thankfully senior management said they'll continue to produce cars for the police but are open to suggestions to appeasing their employees.

Can't speak to the first one but does it mean anything if there are plenty of ford employees that still want and push to keep producing police vehicles? I.E. myself. I hate that a few bad apples skew people perceptions since they yell the loudest but have no say in what actually happens. The company i am associated with made it clear we are going to produce vehicles for police and i am proud to be working here for that part.