Thoughts on the new Bronco?

rodney482

WKR
Full size are just now hitting the dealerships. The “sport” has been on the road for months.

2 completely different units

rodney482

WKR
That’s because the sports are only out. A couple full sized dealer dummies or here in Detroit tester vehicles are on the street.

The sport is small, that’s the whole point of it. A small version of the Bronco, like the Bronco 2 back in the day. It’s a car for younger people and it’s a good car for the comparable market.

The full size isn’t small. I have been in one and it felt larger than my 4 door Wrangler that had a 4 inch lift on it.

I turned my reservation in because of towing capacity. At 3500lbs it’s just not enough to tow my boat comfortably.

View attachment 303452

The tow rating :(

Looking forward to seeing the full size on the road then. These ones I keep seeing sure were a let down to what the advertising was showing.

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
That’s because the sports are only out. A couple full sized dealer dummies or here in Detroit tester vehicles are on the street.

The sport is small, that’s the whole point of it. A small version of the Bronco, like the Bronco 2 back in the day. It’s a car for younger people and it’s a good car for the comparable market.

The full size isn’t small. I have been in one and it felt larger than my 4 door Wrangler that had a 4 inch lift on it.

I turned my reservation in because of towing capacity. At 3500lbs it’s just not enough to tow my boat comfortably.

View attachment 303452
Unfortunately it's in line with similar models.
7ab9afd6c510acf42cf93432f0bb7b37.jpg

Ten Bears

WKR
Unfortunately it's in line with similar models.
7ab9afd6c510acf42cf93432f0bb7b37.jpg

Yep. Same reason I sold my Jeep. My boat and trailer comes in at 3200lb then add gear and I was at the max. It was miserable to tow on the freeway.

Luckily I heard that the 22 Bronco might be bumped up a bit.

Anyone here have a full size? My f150 is getting old and I’m Really liking the looks of 4 door 7mt, I don’t really need a truck necessarily at this point in my life but do need some lite off road capability and loved my 4cyl 4wd 5mt ranger so this seems like a good fit.

Tbh the ordering process is terribly confusing, the demand is outrageous compared to the supply

BLEE

FNG
The full size seems like a nice truck based rig. The sport looks like it tried to but couldn't.

def90

WKR
I've been a Jeep Wrangler owner/driver since 1994, I currently own a 2002 Wrangler with 296,000 miles on it, the new Bronco has my full attention. I've been watching all the review videos over the last couple months and then finally saw a real one in the wild a few weeks ago at the Rocky Mtn Overland Expo in Loveland Co. ARB had one there with a few of their accessories that they are making for the Bronco installed. The Bronco they had was a pre-release prototype testbed model so the features as far as the interior goes was kind of a cross between a couple different models. I talked to one of the guys in the booth about their experience with it vs reviews and all were positive. The number one complaint currently is that the interior plastic feels cheap so I asked him if it was really that bad or if people were just trying to find something bad to say about it so he opened the door and said hop in and see. Honestly it didn't feel any different better or worse than anything else out there, it didn't feel any different than my 2002 Wrangler. I'm sold on it and my next vehicle will be a 4 door that I can fold the back seats down on and come up with a sleeping option in. I would like to see a full hard top version. I've run through all the top options on my Jeeps over the years and a hard top is where I am at today. Honestly I would love to see a 4 door chassis version but with 2 doors, kind of like an old Defender 110 two door.

I would love one with the 7 speed manual and Sasquatch package. The fix most of the gripes Jeep owners have with wranglers (I've had a couple JKs). The only drawback is that they're a bit bigger/wider; better in 99% of train and on road, but I specifically bought my 2 door for getting into tight trails that are more suited to UTVs.

BroncoAZ

FNG
I’ve owned some version of a Bronco for 23 of my 45 years, I sold my last one a year ago anticipating arrival of the 2021 2 door Black Diamond with the manual, I’m disappointed with Ford’s inability to deliver a relatively simple vehicle after this long, and no the pandemic had nothing to do with the botched hardtop design. My enthusiasm has been diminished by all the disappointments. I’m still planning to go through with the purchase, but I’m not going to be excited until it’s on the ground at the dealership.

I had to buy something in the meantime, in January grabbed a 2021 Tacoma to get by. The Tacoma works great and I’m pleased with it.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I really like the look and idea of them, especially a 4-door badlands with Sasquatch package. I just bought a new 4Runner so I’m not in the market for a vehicle for another 10 years or more LOL. That being said, I can’t believe the markup they are putting on these things! I saw one on cars.com in the Denver area, a base model 2door was listed for $53K. Motor Trend had an article saying in some areas dealers were marking them up as much as 30k over MSRP…. At the end of the day, it’s a 4x4.. made by Ford…. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BroncoAZ

FNG
After receiving the email in August saying all remaining hard tops beyond first edition would be pushed to 2022 I received the build email and a vin yesterday along with a bunch of other people. I’m happy to get picked, but I was planning on downgrading to a base when I reordered for 2022 and saving about $16K. I hadn’t bothered changing my 2021 order because I was told 2022. Oh well, I’ll be happy with the nicer truck and once it’s paid off I won’t consider the extra money spent. I am disappointed with the poor communication from Ford on this entire process, but looking forward to receiving my truck.B5BD9EA2-5FE6-410B-8221-A1D4E8BCA91A.jpeg

def90

WKR
After receiving the email in August saying all remaining hard tops beyond first edition would be pushed to 2022 I received the build email and a vin yesterday along with a bunch of other people. I’m happy to get picked, but I was planning on downgrading to a base when I reordered for 2022 and saving about $16K. I hadn’t bothered changing my 2021 order because I was told 2022. Oh well, I’ll be happy with the nicer truck and once it’s paid off I won’t consider the extra money spent. I am disappointed with the poor communication from Ford on this entire process, but looking forward to receiving my truck.View attachment 331631

Whatever you are getting if you are getting it at the original quoted price you could probably flip it overnight for a $30k profit if you wanted to. I've heard dealers are jacking up prices though not sure how they are getting Broncos that weren't already reserved.

BroncoAZ

FNG
Whatever you are getting if you are getting it at the original quoted price you could probably flip it overnight for a $30k profit if you wanted to. I've heard dealers are jacking up prices though not sure how they are getting Broncos that weren't already reserved.
I ordered a 2 door Badlands high package with the manual transmission. My dealer has said MSRP all along, I have it in writing for my original order of a Black Diamond, I should go visit them and write paperwork on this new one. I want to specify in writing that they don’t allow any test drives and don’t put the front plate on.

The thought of flipping it is there since I really don’t need the Bronco right now and the wife and I are shopping for another house. There probably aren’t that many highly optioned manual transmission models out there, so someone is bound to want it bad enough for me to sell it. I have a second reservation I made in August 2021, so if I sold the Badlands for profit I could wait out the second reservation. I won’t know until I see and drive it.

BroncoAZ

FNG
its just a differently shaped minivan.
Maybe the 4 door, but let’s compare attributes:

Minivan - unibody
Bronco - body on frame

minivan - metal top
Bronco - removable top

minivan - no lockers or transfer case
Bronco - dual lockers, low range transfer case, electronic sway bar disconnect

minivan - 29” street tires
Bronco - 33” AT tires on my order, I realize the base is 30” lame tires.

Not quite the same, but the 4 door is a compromise to sell more to families. Some are disappointed that there isn’t a solid axle, but for the 99% of the time the vehicle is driven on roads the independent suspension is superior. I’m sure the solid axle swap kits will come soon enough.