Thoughts on the new MBG Dual trac?

I've shot a custom 4 pin pro sight for the last 5 or 6 years (older version) but I'm thinking about swapping to the new dual trac setup at either 20/40 or 30/50. It's been a while since I shot a single pin but with my primary focus being elk hunting I feel like the majority of my shots are in the 30-40 yard range. Spot and stalk pronghorn a 50 pin would be nice. Thoughts on this?

bsnedeker

WKR
I've been using spott hoggs dual pin setup for years. I think it's perfect for elk hunting. I keep it at 40 and 50 and would just hold under for close shots.... I've never had a shot under 40 on an elk yet unfortunately!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I liked it in the Spot Hogg, however I couldn’t stand the weight and bulk in the housing of the tree track head and promptly sent it back to my buddy who gave it to me to try. The fast Eddie double pin is was better. Though not my favorite.
The BG looks like a winner, everything I get I my pros but with a cleaned up sight picture. I may swap into one for one of my bows if I can get the pin confirmation I want.

406unltd

WKR
SH double pin here as well. I set the top pin at 40, then 45 white dot, 50 pin, 55 white dot, 60 white dot. 20 is a 7” low hold, 30 is a 2-3” low hold, 35 I hold dead on with 40 pin. I’ve shot and practiced like this the last 4-5 years and I can shoot confidently 0-60 without touching the sight.

Attachments

• 9C6FEF15-BE5C-451D-A8D7-5B2243797A78.jpeg
    9C6FEF15-BE5C-451D-A8D7-5B2243797A78.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 79
This might be the sight that makes me changeover from my three pin slider (that I turned into a four pin). I've always liked the idea of a cleaner sight picture and with the dual pin, I've heard of folks (as in this thread) making it work for just about any range I'd shoot an animal at. That said, I've never liked the idea of the exposed gears or lack of first axis adjustment on the Spot Hogg.

rkeaton

FNG
looks great. Anyone have info on ETA of availability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
They look pretty cool. Hope they offer just the scope so I don’t have to buy a whole new sight.

lintond

WKR
Had the spot Hogg and didn’t like it. Maybe my bow was just too slow but my pins ended up about 20 yd gap. Found it hard to pin gap. My 5 pin MBG with the dual indicator helps solve that struggle.

If I change sights it will be for the Option 8

rkeaton

FNG
Does the dovetail work with the V3X?

the new one will. They are 14 weeks out on new orders. Some dealers will be getting them in 3-4 weeks with the dovetail according to email with Black Gold

MNWILD15

Lil-Rokslider
I have always used the traditional multiple pins coming off the side of the sight housing. I like the idea of reducing clutter and cleaning up the sight picture.

CAM_D

FNG
My local dealer had a few. I got one of the first ones about 5 weeks ago. They still had one LH one in stock when I was there last week. It's everything I'm familiar with on my other MBG 5 pin and single pin sliders, but the 2nd pin with micro adjust is great. I have it set to 20 and 40, then the top and bottom pin have their own pointer for the tape. Allows for a longer taped range on the bottom pin that I would have on a single pin.

I ordered one with my local guy. They were telling me they'd take like 6 months to come in.. I'm tempted to order one from S&S and put my deposit towards some arrows at my dealer

fatlander

WKR
According to MBGs website, they have them ready to ship.

According to MBGs website, they have them ready to ship.

And Damn... just like that, my bow shop just called me about some other stuff I ordered and said the site is 6 months out still ugh. I think I'll call S&S today and see whats up with them

Trial153

WKR
My order is in at S&S for a custom set up. I am sure they get it out to me as soon as they get it. They are top shelf

DanimalW

WKR
I’m not sure on this sight yet. Still getting it zeroed in. My biggest gripe is that I can’t drop the lower pin far enough to have it set perfectly at 20 and 40. I’m a little high at 20 to get it a little low at 40. And I’m shooting a 450 gr arrow at 270-275, so it’s not lightening fast, but it’s also not a heavy arrow by most peoples standards. Just thought I’d share. Not a deal breaker for me, but I could see it being one for guys shooting heavier arrows.

CAM_D

FNG
I’m not sure on this sight yet. Still getting it zeroed in. My biggest gripe is that I can’t drop the lower pin far enough to have it set perfectly at 20 and 40. I’m a little high at 20 to get it a little low at 40. And I’m shooting a 450 gr arrow at 270-275, so it’s not lightening fast, but it’s also not a heavy arrow by most peoples standards. Just thought I’d share. Not a deal breaker for me, but I could see it being one for guys shooting heavier arrows.
How far out do you have the housing? Moving it closer to the riser will give you more range between the 2 pins. I have mine shooting 20 and 40 with a 290fps setup at 435grain.