Thoughts on the USGI Improved Modular Sleep System

Anyone carry this system on multi-day back country hunts? I plan to carry the intermediate bag to Colorado this September and set up camp around 9,000'. Thoughts?

I gave my whole system to a new hunter buddy. It was worth the price he paid.
in my opinion, it’s heavy and bulky. I spent a few thunderstorm nights sealed in that bivvy, OMG I was miserable.

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
Like the last post says, it's going to take up a lot of pack space and it is not light. I have acquired a bunch of them over my Army career and still chose to purchase a down bag instead. They're not that bad if you go in to it with some expectation management. I'd add a bag liner because I don't care for the material of these bags.

USMC-40

WKR
Heavy, but it works. The bivvy needs some constant maintenance to ensure it’s actually waterproof. Spent many miserable nights in those things during some cold rains in AP hill, Quantico, and Camp Lejeune...

I have used my army goretex bivvy with two poncho liners for 30+ years from Korea to Alaska. Bought it and a goretex jacket the first week of infantry officer basic course with my first per diem paycheck. Both are good pieces.

No way I would hump the rest of that shit.

I still use my bivvy all the time just to keep my down bags from getting dirty or wet. Usually keep my X-therm sleeping pad in it too to protect it.