Thoughts on vortex fury hd 5000

cmenard01

FNG
I've been considering purchasing one of these if it will help reduce the amount of gear I have to carry.

Has anyone used these? If so, how would you rate them?

I do a lot of bow hunting and am not convinced they are easier to use than a standard range finder. I could see this being useful for white tail rifle seasons or even elk.

How are the binos on this? I currently use a 10x40 diamondback.

Curious to here your thoughts? Good investment or another toy I'll probably won't use as much.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Great combo of image quality, value, easy to use, durable. They're a super rf bino for rifle hunting.

For archery distance on game you'll still want a handheld.

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
I have only played around with my hunting partners pair a little bit at work. I am impressed so far. We are headed to WY on the 29th for 10 days so we'll see how they work out. I'm just used to a separate rangefinder that I often use to get a quick peak at something so for me so far I'm not sure I'm ready to switch. Maybe nest week I'll have a better idea. I'll try to post up some thoughts if I get a chance while I'm out there.

Missed a shot on a whitetail last season in Montana when my buddy's wouldn't read the distance and was very faint on the display. He had new batteries so they weren't dead. I read that can happen when it is really cold but it was the second week of archery on September. Maybe 50 degrees. By the time I got my rangefinder out and up the opportunity was gone. Direct comparison between my vortex Razor 4000 and the binos was better optical quality on the rangefinder and the binos felt pretty heavy. I didnt feel underpowered glassing with the rangefinder at all.

Bzn_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
They're good, but for the money I'd get the Kilo3000. Not having a ballistics calculator is a big nock against the Fury's for me.