Thoughts on why these scales differ when drawing?

philcox

WKR
So if I use these two scales to measure weight of a 50# plate they are about 1/2 lb off of each other. If I hook them together and “pull” them apart, they read very close to each other at 17# up to #77. However, then I put them on a bow and draw, the silver one is consistently about 2# lighter that the red. The silver is $12 the red $82. Also, any thoughts on how to figure out which is most accurate on the draw, as my way (lift a known weight) produces the scales weighing essentially the same.

Any thoughts why that would be? Any insight is appreciated. Trying to get an accurate draw weight for input into Archers Advantage.
0131f9bd3ffed9ce37c1a9d3899d281d.jpg

Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be slight differences in sampling rate/frequency...maybe the silver scale is slightly slower and fails to capture the exact moment(s) of peak weight during the draw cycle.

You could just split the difference and use the average of the two scales as your input for AA. Being off ±1# from actual peak weight shouldn't make much difference.

Those types of scales are extremely sensitive to how you draw. You need to pull a slow linear motion, which with a speed cam can be hard. Also depending on exactly how you grip them, if any lean is being produced so the pull isn't perfectly inline with the hook, it will change.

I pretty much always just use a hanging 100# scale. I have used the LCA hand held some, but to get it to read consistently, you need to draw it consistently.

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
That would scare me!
With that said, I have one that connect to my Drawboard, but I can NEVER get it to read right, seems to always stop reading in the middle of my draw on the board. It is the LCA Bow Scale, I am sure I don't know how to use it correctly.

Last edited:
OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
My current LCA drawboard scale has a peak, but it never seems to get set, or I don’t know how to access that reading.
828b81076c136bea4a0d64ba2d28b59c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had one of those silver scales. It blew up in my hand while drawing my bow with it. I don't trust them anymore.

Marble

WKR
Phil, what's the end goal you are trying to Acheive?

Arrow choice?

Sight tape?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk