thread adapter for 300 win mag suppressed? 1/2-32 to 5/8-24 adapter

BigRutt

Lil-Rokslider
New to the suppressor world trying to get my 300 win mag going. Found out my threads are 1/2-32. My question is: is it safe/okay to use an adapter in this situation? I know my other option is chop the current threads and re-thread it but I am trying to avoid that. Any help would be appreciated.

Adapters I am looking at

www.thesilencerstore.com

1/2-32 to 5/8-24 Silencer Thread Adapter

www.thesilencerstore.com

1/2 x 36 to 5/8 x 24 Barrel Thread Adapter Black 9MM #4077 – Down Range Products Company

www.downrangeproductsco.com
www.downrangeproductsco.com

406life

Lil-Rokslider
You should look down the barrel and make sure you see concentric circles that are evenly spaced. If the adapter, barrel, and suppressor are all cut precisely, you'll have no issue. If they aren't, and you shoot, you'll know quickly. A trip to a guns.ith could be helpful if you are unsure.

Myself, I tried an adapter, it didn't look right, so I opted to not shoot it. I suggest getting it threaded instead of an adapter, or a new rifle already cut for it.

I have the same adapters on 2 of my guns. Some people will give you shit about using adapters and 'stacking tolerances', but I have put a whole lot of rounds down range and its never been a problem. Buddies have been shooting for years with the same set ups with zero issues.

Last edited:
OP
B

BigRutt

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah i understand making sure it is concentric before shooting I don't want a baffle strike. I used an adapter on my ar-15 and it works great. I was just wondering if the pressure might be to high or if would be safe to run an adapter. Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the input guys!!

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a 7mm mag that I used a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter/.30 suppressor on just fine all last summer, then I got out to Montana for my elk hunt and first shot when testing zero, had a baffle strike that totaled my suppressor. Luckily I brought along my factory muzzle brake and was able to dislodge shrapnel from barrel and go kill a bull, but ever since I have been very leary of even shooting my suppressor after getting it back from the manufacturer. Im guessing something either wasnt tight, or was somehow misaligned....just thankful no one got hurt.